NOT MINE 1961 Chrysler 300G Convertible - $209,000 - South lyon, Michigan

T-revorNobody

Reaction score
At the time of posting, this CL listing is 1 day old.

1961 Chrysler 300G Convertible - $209,000 - South lyon, Michigan

CL Description
Chrysler Convertible - $209,000 (South Lyon Mi) asking price and will view an offer!
The Show of the shows...... A real classic ride with such style and class!
1961 Chrysler 300 Conv Long cross-ram - $209,000 (South Lyon Mi)
1961 Chrysler ConvertibleChrysler 300 Series.
Highlights

1 of only 337 Convertibles
News update!!!!!!! Look, guys!!!!!!!

Power for the 300G was derived from the 375 horsepower 413 cubic inch V8 with a cross-ram intake that propelled the 300G from 0-60 mph in only eight seconds. Only 337 300G convertibles were built for 1961 and of those only 124 are accounted for today.

413 CI Wedge engine
Three-speed Torqueflite automatic transmission
Rebuilt engine and transmission
Cross-Ram intake
Two 4-Barrel carburetors
Swivel Seats
Bucket leather seats in the rear
Power seats
Power convertible top
Power windows
Dome style instrument panel
Pushbutton automatic transmission
Coil spring independent front suspension
Live rear axle
4-wheel hydraulic drum brakes

History of Chrysler 300 letter series
The Chrysler 300 “letter series” were high-performance luxury cars built in very limited numbers by the Chrysler Corporation in the United States between 1955 and 1965. Each year’s model used a new letter of the alphabet as a suffix (skipping “i”), reaching 300L by 1965, after which the model was dropped.

The 300 “letter series” cars were the vehicles that really rekindled interest in performance among major American manufacturers after World War II, and thus can be considered the muscle car’s ancestors, though much more expensive and exclusive.

The 1961 300G saw another restyle. The grille, formerly wider at the bottom than the top, was inverted; the quad headlights, formerly side-by-side, were arranged in an angled fashion, inward at the bottom, in a manner reminiscent of 1958 to 1960 Lincolns. Small parking lamps below the headlights were likewise slanted and V-shaped, and the front bumper was canted up at each end, scoop-like. At the rear, the taillights were moved from the fins to the tail below them, and the fins were made sharper-pointed.

Mechanically, the cross-ram “short ram” and “long ram” engines remained the same, although the expensive French manual transmission was dropped, replaced by a more reliable but still expensive Chrysler manual transmission referred to as ‘option code 281′, cars fitted with this transmission are among the rarest and desirable of all the letter series cars with only 14 built and an estimated five known currently.

1961 this Chrysler 300G. The 300G was powered by the 413 cu.in Golden Lion Wedge Head V-8.

This dashing convertible was one of the last designs by styling chief Virgil Exner who brought the `Forward Look’ to Chrysler products several years earlier. The 413 cu.in Wedge-Head V-8 boasted 375 HP making it capable of exceptional performance.

At a base price of $5,841, the 300-G convertibles were among the most expensive American cars but gave their occupants 4-place bucket seat travel in rarefied elegance with very high performance. Weighing in at 4,260 pounds the 300-G equipped with the standard Torque Flight automatic transmission and a 3.31 rear end ratio could race from zero to sixty in a mere 8.4 seconds. The quarter-mile time was just 16.2 seconds.

As the 1960s began, the styling became less flamboyant though still retaining the performance and design cues that had made it popular. 1961 300G was equipped with tail fins and eye-catching tilted headlights. Inside they were elegantly appointed and filled with luxurious amenities. Underneath the hood was a potent power plant that carried these large luxurious vehicles with the power to spare.

The 300G represented the pinnacle of luxury, style, and performance for Chrysler Corporation in 1961. It was the second and last year for the cross-ram induction set up to be included as standard equipment. The cross-ram setup maximized power and torque resulting in faster acceleration. As noted above it had a zero-to-sixty time of just 8.4 seconds which is an incredible feat for a vehicle of this weight and size.
All the above data may and or may not be correct!
And yes a 413 Long Cross-ram car! The real deal....

One in collect is a 1961 Chrysler 300 Conv ((((( Rare rare Car and stunning!)))))
The Top Hat of style class!
This car has the...... LOOK! The ........Style and ........Class!
Black on red /white roll out in 4bucket seat car! Factory optioned out! Get this a 413 long cross-ram under there
Wire wheels.
Just a must-see view classic!
Asking price of 209,999.00 US funds and or Cash!
For more pictures and details please get back to me!
Thank you so!
Has shown and been Best of Show! The Top!
00s0s_kDrEvfmrsE3z_0ak07K_1200x900.jpg
00000_5yHyOToIQRbz_0cU09G_1200x900.jpg
00P0P_11j6dT20qHOz_0cU09G_1200x900.jpg
00G0G_ivj936JRdqdz_0ak07K_1200x900.jpg
01515_2TNBuv5JDK6z_0gw0co_1200x900.jpg
00S0S_hQgAyLQCbPCz_0fu0bC_1200x900.jpg
00404_38LB12jhgYwz_0cU09G_1200x900-2.jpg
00M0M_k7RZi7Ly4hWz_0cU09G_1200x900.jpg
00E0E_8Lh0EAw5JHGz_0fu0bC_1200x900.jpg
00A0A_3oAEAbaqpsMz_0cU09G_1200x900.jpg

At the time of posting, this CL listing is 1 day old.

1961 Chrysler 300G Convertible - $209,000 - South lyon, Michigan

CL Description
Chrysler Convertible - $209,000 (South Lyon Mi) asking price and will view an offer!
The Show of the shows...... A real classic ride with such style and class!
1961 Chrysler 300 Conv Long cross-ram - $209,000 (South Lyon Mi)
1961 Chrysler ConvertibleChrysler 300 Series.
Highlights

1 of only 337 Convertibles
News update!!!!!!! Look, guys!!!!!!!

Power for the 300G was derived from the 375 horsepower 413 cubic inch V8 with a cross-ram intake that propelled the 300G from 0-60 mph in only eight seconds. Only 337 300G convertibles were built for 1961 and of those only 124 are accounted for today.

413 CI Wedge engine
Three-speed Torqueflite automatic transmission
Rebuilt engine and transmission
Cross-Ram intake
Two 4-Barrel carburetors
Swivel Seats
Bucket leather seats in the rear
Power seats
Power convertible top
Power windows
Dome style instrument panel
Pushbutton automatic transmission
Coil spring independent front suspension
Live rear axle
4-wheel hydraulic drum brakes

History of Chrysler 300 letter series
The Chrysler 300 “letter series” were high-performance luxury cars built in very limited numbers by the Chrysler Corporation in the United States between 1955 and 1965. Each year’s model used a new letter of the alphabet as a suffix (skipping “i”), reaching 300L by 1965, after which the model was dropped.

The 300 “letter series” cars were the vehicles that really rekindled interest in performance among major American manufacturers after World War II, and thus can be considered the muscle car’s ancestors, though much more expensive and exclusive.

The 1961 300G saw another restyle. The grille, formerly wider at the bottom than the top, was inverted; the quad headlights, formerly side-by-side, were arranged in an angled fashion, inward at the bottom, in a manner reminiscent of 1958 to 1960 Lincolns. Small parking lamps below the headlights were likewise slanted and V-shaped, and the front bumper was canted up at each end, scoop-like. At the rear, the taillights were moved from the fins to the tail below them, and the fins were made sharper-pointed.

Mechanically, the cross-ram “short ram” and “long ram” engines remained the same, although the expensive French manual transmission was dropped, replaced by a more reliable but still expensive Chrysler manual transmission referred to as ‘option code 281′, cars fitted with this transmission are among the rarest and desirable of all the letter series cars with only 14 built and an estimated five known currently.

1961 this Chrysler 300G. The 300G was powered by the 413 cu.in Golden Lion Wedge Head V-8.

This dashing convertible was one of the last designs by styling chief Virgil Exner who brought the `Forward Look’ to Chrysler products several years earlier. The 413 cu.in Wedge-Head V-8 boasted 375 HP making it capable of exceptional performance.

At a base price of $5,841, the 300-G convertibles were among the most expensive American cars but gave their occupants 4-place bucket seat travel in rarefied elegance with very high performance. Weighing in at 4,260 pounds the 300-G equipped with the standard Torque Flight automatic transmission and a 3.31 rear end ratio could race from zero to sixty in a mere 8.4 seconds. The quarter-mile time was just 16.2 seconds.

As the 1960s began, the styling became less flamboyant though still retaining the performance and design cues that had made it popular. 1961 300G was equipped with tail fins and eye-catching tilted headlights. Inside they were elegantly appointed and filled with luxurious amenities. Underneath the hood was a potent power plant that carried these large luxurious vehicles with the power to spare.

The 300G represented the pinnacle of luxury, style, and performance for Chrysler Corporation in 1961. It was the second and last year for the cross-ram induction set up to be included as standard equipment. The cross-ram setup maximized power and torque resulting in faster acceleration. As noted above it had a zero-to-sixty time of just 8.4 seconds which is an incredible feat for a vehicle of this weight and size.
All the above data may and or may not be correct!
And yes a 413 Long Cross-ram car! The real deal....

One in collect is a 1961 Chrysler 300 Conv ((((( Rare rare Car and stunning!)))))
The Top Hat of style class!
This car has the...... LOOK! The ........Style and ........Class!
Black on red /white roll out in 4bucket seat car! Factory optioned out! Get this a 413 long cross-ram under there
Wire wheels.
Just a must-see view classic!
Asking price of 209,999.00 US funds and or Cash!
For more pictures and details please get back to me!
Thank you so!
Has shown and been Best of Show! The Top!
View attachment 448659 View attachment 448652 View attachment 448657 View attachment 448655 View attachment 448662 View attachment 448658 View attachment 448660 View attachment 448656 View attachment 448654 View attachment 448653

No A/C. . .

she's a beauty.

$200 big? i have no sense of value on these vintage cars, but no matter the real number its way outta my league.

somebody has the lettuce (not me), many have the desire to own (me) ... hope those two intentions come together in a good home :)

Wow! That is a beautiful car!

I have to say this car gives me a little more respect for these earlier cars. That is sharp and I'd drive that in a minute. And dirty it up in about a minute also.

EE7E97F3-B04A-48EC-9D29-3C31451907C8.jpeg

Dig this photo of the fins shadow!
At first I thought this was a Richard Carpenter car but his was a black ’60 conv.
This seller writes like a flipper.
At least no hose!

Coil spring front suspension??????????

I've always thought they were torsion bar? But then I've never had one either.

Irrational exuberance is infecting the market for collectible cars, as well as for equities, cybercurrencies, residential real estate, works of art, "non-fungible tokens" (whatever the f*@k those are), and other perceived "storehouses of value". Good time to monetize or trade down, IMHO. This is not going to end well, and the usual suspects, "the rich and big corporations", will get blamed for the consequences of flooding the economy with liquidity. 20% of ALL the USD in circulation now, have been issued since 1/1/20, and the underlying economy is still smaller than it was on that day. The textbook definition of "inflation".

Irrational exuberance is infecting the market for collectible cars, as well as for equities, cybercurrencies, residential real estate, works of art, "non-fungible tokens" (whatever the f*@k those are), and other perceived "storehouses of value". Good time to monetize or trade down, IMHO. This is not going to end well, and the usual suspects, "the rich and big corporations", will get blamed for the consequences of flooding the economy with liquidity. 20% of ALL the USD in circulation now, have been issued since 1/1/20, and the underlying economy is still smaller than it was on that day. The textbook definition of "inflation".

I agree. Just look at the recent hyper-inflation of the cost building materials. I think the building industry is a good economic indicator; if it is not doing well (and I can't see how it will, going forward), the rest of the economy is going to suffer. We priced some plywood the other day for a backyard shed project, and Home Depot wants $66.00 per sheet for it. And don't even ask me about the price of pressure-treated lumber. . .

I'm assuuming you are being sarcastic, but A/C was not available on a Cross-Ram car, for those who might possibly be unaware.
Our 1961 G hardtop had factory air. AC was not available on some later hemi or six pack cars but was certainly available on cross ram Ours sold in January at Kissimmee Mecum if you want to look it up. We sold it in 2005 after taking it to 3 national AACA shows.

For the purist, the air cleaner labels / stickers are in wrong place. Those covers were interchangable from side to side with the indent for appropriate clearance on one side. The labels are tilted to one side or the other depending on hos they are put on

If the seats are true "888" special order color other than the cream / tan we had, all factory special order leather seats for those cars were smooth leather as in any other car. Not the famous basket weave. The car is beautiful but whoever did it did not know 300G specifications

For the purist, the air cleaner labels / stickers are in wrong place. Those covers were interchangable from side to side with the indent for appropriate clearance on one side. The labels are tilted to one side or the other depending on hos they are put on

If the seats are true "888" special order color other than the cream / tan we had, all factory special order leather seats for those cars were smooth leather as in any other car. Not the famous basket weave. The car is beautiful but whoever did it did not know 300G specifications

I wonder if that car was ever judged by the Chrysler 300 Club, Intl. . .

Great question. Our 300g went through their concourse judging with Joe James and Bill Spear before we bought it in 2001. It was a great car restored by Joe James.

Back