WANTED 1961 Fury Seat Belts

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll have to go with a much newer style seatbelt to get fully retractable. The 60's Mopars had a retractor that was inserted into the regular belt and while it didn't pull the seatbelt out of sight, it did minimize it's intrusion and help keep it out of the way when not in use.
These are listed for a Mustang, but they're near identical to what Mopar used, and may be for that matter.
View attachment 272873

They are winders. They keep the outside lap belt from falling out of the car when opening the doors. They can be had through several sources. We carry them as well.

BlueFury, just another question...where were your forward look buckles made?

I can't say for sure. I never found a lable on them. They date back to 58 and were a Mopar accessory so I would thing they were US, (or Canada), made.

You want to sell them?????? LOL.

Hmmmm...now that I know they just can’t be found anywhere in the entire world, I don’t think anybody could afford what I’d ask. In all seriousness, no, these will find a home on my car. I had been asked by another Mopar guy, not a member on this forum, to ask you that question. Mine were made by Davis here in Canada, I know or at least I think he has the same buckles so I’m not sure why he wanted the question asked, but now I have an answer for him. The buckles on mine have all the info stamped on the back of the buckle...Chryco SB-63 SAE 14 DAVIS Made in Canada by Canadian Nameplate Co. Ltd FDC-2700 Series Patented.

95635B25-D89C-4072-877C-571BF0FFB9A4.jpeg

Hmmmm...now that I know they just can’t be found anywhere in the entire world, I don’t think anybody could afford what I’d ask. In all seriousness, no, these will find a home on my car. I had been asked by another Mopar guy, not a member on this forum, to ask you that question. Mine were made by Davis here in Canada, I know or at least I think he has the same buckles so I’m not sure why he wanted the question asked, but now I have an answer for him. The buckles on mine have all the info stamped on the back of the buckle...Chryco SB-63 SAE 14 DAVIS Made in Canada by Canadian Nameplate Co. Ltd FDC-2700 Series Patented.

View attachment 273549

It seems I remember that info being on mine also. I didn't pay much attention. I believe I bought mine from a fellow in Canada.

OH, by the way. Beautiful car. Got any more pictures to share...?
I also have more of the webbing that I bought. Looks like it may match yours. Should be enough to do another set.

Hi again, did you get a chance to look into the length of your remaining webbing?
Thanks. Glenn

Hi again, did you get a chance to look into the length of your remaining webbing?
Thanks. Glenn

Yeah Glenn. Sorry for the delay. I have 16 1/2 feet of the webbing left. Plenty for a set of seat belts and perhaps enough for a second set. (rear seat). Not sure what its worth. I bought it some time ago. I'll give it some thought, or.... Make me an offer.
DSC04764.JPG

Yeah Glenn. Sorry for the delay. I have 16 1/2 feet of the webbing left. Plenty for a set of seat belts and perhaps enough for a second set. (rear seat). Not sure what its worth. I bought it some time ago. I'll give it some thought, or.... Make me an offer.
View attachment 275448
Yes, there looks to be plenty of webbing there. Please give the price some thought as I have no idea what it’s worth. I’ll put some feelers out and see if I can get an idea too. I appreciate you getting back to me. Glenn

I’ll be happy to pay the $15.00 for the webbing, but I think the shipping may cost more than $5.00. I’m on the west coast of Canada, so if I give you my address and postal code, will you package up the webbing and find out what the cost will be and I’ll pay that. If it’s only $5.00, well I’ll pay that happily too. I’ll send you a private message with the details as soon as I send this. I can pay you via PayPal if that works for you, or e-transfer. Thanks

Just to let everyone know, thanks to Will and everyone’s help, I’ll have everything I need to do my seatbelts once Will’s webbing arrives. Many thanks again.

I’m anxious too, but as I’m one of those people that relies on others for “special” jobs like....sewing, I need to wait for my upholsterer to get some time to do the job. But I’ll post pictures when he’s done, and more when I’ve installed them in the car. Hopefully, sooner than later, especially as he’s my next door neighbour :)

As promised (and a little longer than I had hoped) here are my completed and installed seat belts. A big thanks again to Will and any others who have chimed in.

5DC24602-F18C-429A-B96F-AD3A1EA21A91.jpeg

7A8AE39C-032F-4E60-97B7-28A419A03C4C.jpeg

309595B0-6D86-4062-A049-DAFA0629E471.jpeg

5EEE80E0-83BB-4DBE-BD90-74CBF3B049B9.jpeg

7F1C5CFF-0682-4BE8-86F8-C17977E74338.jpeg

DA1D866F-A3F5-42CA-9E20-8D46BA9681C6.jpeg

8F553C5C-877B-42DD-AE26-D2012F91F245.jpeg

4D335A5E-8161-4B68-A0EE-C37FBCACEF86.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back