1961 Imperial 2 Door for Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 1973, I traded the 1969 Super Bee in on a brand new 1973 Ralleye Challenger with a 340 Magnum.

Why didnt you buy a wagon? You had a super bee traded it for a challenger.......didnt you want a cool car

I worked in the service department of a Chevy dealer in '68.
The heyday, dude!!!!! The acme of the era!!!
There wasn't a 396 or 427 4 speed of any model that I didn't "road test"...:jerk:
........................................:pottytrain2:...............................:monkeydance:

Grrrrrrrrrr.

I think that is high as I paid .31 cents for premium in 1970 as per my old log book. During gas wars maybe a little less than that.

1970 was still the high octane leaded juice days - right? My father in law used to tell me about some gas put out by Sunoco called "260" or something to that effect. He had a 428 super cobra jet 68' Cougar he used to fill it up on that stuff.

Damn, those were the days. Now I can't keep my garden variety 383 from knocking a little bit when I push it even on the $4/gal 93 unleaded octane at ExxonMobile.

1970 was still the high octane leaded juice days - right? My father in law used to tell me about some gas put out by Sunoco called "260" or something to that effect. He had a 428 super cobra jet 68' Cougar he used to fill it up on that stuff.

Sunoco 260 was the top grade of gas available to the public back then, 97.5 octane.

Wow, might as well be pumping rocket fuel in your tank.

You can go to your local dragstrip and buy Cam2 racing fuel in different grades, 110,112,116 octane. Very costly...... $7-$8 a gallon. Palmer Racing Fuel has a 120 octane grade available.

Damn, those were the days. Now I can't keep my garden variety 383 from knocking a little bit when I push it even on the $4/gal 93 unleaded octane at ExxonMobile.
yes, octane boost is a necess additive on some of this older stuff.......and ethanol is piss water

At the track its much more expensive than 8. They have to get their cut.

At the track its much more expensive than 8. They have to get their cut.

Definitely. Buying nitrous at the track is crazy too. My friend also has a huge nitrous tank at his shop and refills his own bottles. Buying anything at the track is insane.

I wanna be your friends friend.

Well, come to the Shakedown Nationals Oct 12-14th.......it's in your backyard. I'll be there Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th. His name is Fredy Scriba.

DSC_4029-Edit.jpg

http://www.shakedownnationals.com/

DSC_4029-Edit.jpg

I only like to see street cars on the track. Oh, and I was at Tractor races several times at Atco when I was a kid ( pre 1979). I remember seeing a jet powered tractor and that thing shook the ground and threw heat like nobody's business.

I only like to see street cars on the track. Oh, and I was at Tractor races several times at Atco when I was a kid ( pre 1979). I remember seeing a jet powered tractor and that thing shook the ground and threw heat like nobody's business.

My local track, Cecil County Dragway, (20 miles closer to you) has a Nostalgic and 1960's Reunion Race every June. I think you'd like it. It always has 400+ 1960's race cars plus a car show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back