1961 Imperial 2 Door for Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, now that's cool

That race is in your backyard too. He has a 869ci Fulton motor with a Viper 5 stage nitrous system with a Liberty 5 speed txsm, with a 3 plate clutch on a Jerry Hass chassis. His fast run is a 5.93 ET at 237 mph so far. If the weather cooperates he should break into the 5.80's at 240+.

That race is in your backyard too. He has a 869ci Fulton motor with a Viper 5 stage nitrous system with a Liberty 5 speed txsm, with a 3 plate clutch on a Jerry Hass chassis. His fast run is a 5.93 ET at 237 mph so far. If the weather cooperates he should break into the 5.80's at 240+.

Oh K. Well, I'm not familiar with all the specialty equipment, but it sounds heavy duty. I suppose it has to be to pop off 5 sec E.T.s... No Edelbrock this, or Holley that and whatnot I guess, lol.

61 Imperial

*NM*

Car is a 61 the color is a rose color lots of great body lines. It was a designe after our air craft. I have title, and a lot of extra part's please call 815-838-1397 if interested make offer. This car in the family for a lot of years. needs a new driver. Lot's of leg room in this car.

The 61 is my favorite Imperial. The new "floating headlights" combined with the old school tall tail fins. The only thing better then the 2 door H/T would be a convertible.

It would look great next to my 61 Fury conv.

Oh K. Well, I'm not familiar with all the specialty equipment, but it sounds heavy duty. I suppose it has to be to pop off 5 sec E.T.s... No Edelbrock this, or Holley that and whatnot I guess, lol.

No, it's all custom fabrication. $200,000 to build this car. The motor alone is $85,000 (w/o carbs & nitrous)

1978 NYB 044_opt.jpg
1978 NYB 046_opt.jpg

1978 NYB 044_opt.jpg

1978 NYB 046_opt.jpg

Sunoco 260 was the top grade of gas available to the public back then, 97.5 octane.

My brother and I had a Sunoco gas station & garage in Dearborn in the late 60's...early 70's. I remember the 260 (super premium) blend was more like 104 octane. The 240, (premium) blend was likely 97 octane.
There were 8 blend selections at the custom blended pumps with 260 being the highest octane.
I also remember a 280 (racing fuel) avaliable at a pump at the Detroit dragway that was said to be 110 octane. Cost was over a $1.10 though.....

Jimmy Addison ran the legendary "Silver Bullet" 67 Hemi GTX out of a Sunoco station on Woodard Ave in Royal Oak Mi.
That was one "BAD A**" mopar.

sunoco pump front (Large).JPG

I watch all those vintage muscle car sales ads posted on youtube and cry.
Another thing you "youngsters" probably arn't aware of..... In the 60's a "musclecar was more likely an old woody with a surf board strapped to it. We always referred to the factory HP cars as "Supercars". Big banners in the showroom windows always touted the "NEW SUPERCARS".
Some time in the late 70's or 80's some magazine guy came up with the term "Supercar" and printed it in reference to the factory HP cars..... After that it became gospel.

There's a gas station a few blocks from my local dragstrip that sells Cam2 (110 octane) racing fuel. The hose is intentionally too short to fuel your car. The premise is to fill 5 gallon racing cans and then adding the fuel to your race car. An attemt to keep that fuel out of street cars. I haven't checked the price of Cam2 at that gas station in years.

I'd just appreciate just one stinkin station that had ethanol free gas without paying 4.75 a gallon.

I live 35 miles from Baltimore and I'm still inside the snare for the federal mandatory crap gas.

Another thing you "youngsters" probably arn't aware of..... In the 60's a "musclecar was more likely an old woody with a surf board strapped to it. We always referred to the factory HP cars as "Supercars". Big banners in the showroom windows always touted the "NEW SUPERCARS".
Some time in the late 70's or 80's some magazine guy came up with the term "Supercar" and printed it in reference to the factory HP cars..... After that it became gospel.

Ah. Well I guess some of us just got school,lol. Seriously I didn't know that. Always thought "muscle car" came from the 60's. Oh, well. My bad.

I just paid OVER $4 bucks a gallon for GD mid-grade (89) octane gas. This crap has gotta stop.

I just paid OVER $4 bucks a gallon for GD mid-grade (89) octane gas. This crap has gotta stop.

You would figure that since we saved the Middle East *** twice that we wouldn't be paying more than $1 a gallon now for gas.

:sFl_america2:

You would figure that since we saved the Middle East *** twice that we wouldn't be paying more than $1 a gallon now for gas.

:sFl_america2:

If it were up to me Saudi Arabia would be annexed territory of the united states. They owe us that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back