1963 Chrysler Newport -- Who do you trust?

It's a good great trade. But if you're not into the car, make the trade, then trade the Newport for $$$ towards your dream car. I like the car, but I'd rather buy something untouched for a flip.

This is more or less what I have done with the Dart. When I got it, the Dart would start ... with a jump, and much coercion. The front brakes were shot. I spent the last couple of months doing a basic overhaul -- new battery, new relays for some of the electricals, new PCBs, etc. I rebuilt the front brakes and replaced the brake lines and master cylinder. Due to a leaky, rusty gas tank, I replaced the fuel system from the tank up to the carb. If I were holding on to it for a couple more months, I'd rebuild the carb. It feels like it needs it. Finally, because of some extra "ventilation holes" in the front floor pans, I had those replaced.

There's still some stuff to be done. The Dart needs body work, for example, in all those places where A-bodies start to go bad. The interior, while safe, needs some cosmetic TLC.

My focus was to make the Dart as safe and reliable as possible, within the limits of OE technology. Thus, I didn't switch to an electronic ignition or electric fuel pump, for example. However, it starts powerfully and reliably, moves quick and stops securely. That's what I'm hoping to do, for now, with the Newport. We'll see once I get her in my driveway.

I would do it also. You already have places to look for the interior parts, so show us pictures when you have it done.

I just bought a 63 Newport convertible as well. Original color is festival Red..Its in the paint shop now. Any spare parts hanging around on this thread? I need door panels and arm rests.

IMG_4673.JPG

Back