Status
Not open for further replies.

tbm3fan

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Nice care. Way better condition that the 62, which has been up here, for $4000

1963 Dodge Custom 880
1963 Dodge Custom 880, original 383 engine. Pushbutton 727 transmission, 8.75" rear axle 742 case. Drum brakes. Less than 85,000 miles.

95% original. Lots of recent work like fluids, hoses, u-joint, dual circuit master cyl for safety. I kept original Midland Ross power booster/master/lines.

I have owned the car for 12 years maybe? Previous owner added the Holley street avenger 670 carburetor and mopar intake. Carb was recently rebuilt.

Runs good, shifts good, almost everything works, lots of new wiring recently, fuel tank blasted out, new sender, new fuel pump & filters, oil pan gasket, some trans seals, suspension parts. Has electronic ignition and alternator (parts are hidden). I have lots of original parts like 1963 Carter USA fuel pump, Midland Ross brake booster, master, lines. I upgraded to dual circuit master.

Needs paint, some upholstery, and one section of the headliner came loose in the past 3 months (DOH!). Has some small rust holes in the trunk from a bad trunk seal which have been grinded out and primered.

Drives smooth and runs good as is. Drive it home. I had it at Kool April Nites car show and cruise, and it ran great and didn't overheat like many candy-painted cars did.
Registered and never have to smog.

I originally bought the car in Cupertino, but I recently relocated to Redding California. Thanks for looking
00L0L_9iXsKVIFYRO_1200x900.jpg
00f0f_1DSbY0xYyJx_1200x900.jpg
00m0m_4o0BwE6HNL3_1200x900.jpg
00D0D_1Qxt8HlMy21_1200x900.jpg
00g0g_lRMrhSvnsry_1200x900.jpg
00S0S_1u8Fw6QMYQB_1200x900.jpg

What is that lever?

IMG_2713.PNG

That's what I thought but where is it on the front door?

I think it is in the armrest where the door handle sticks out of the armrest. I'm going back many years to a 62 Dodge my mother had so I could be wrong.

It's called a "child lock". An option on the rear doors only.
Thanks, again I was pretty young when we had a car with this type of rear door lock. Did the front doors not have locks? I don't see a key hole on the outside of the driver door.

I see it now, is
On cars of this era, you could lock the front doors (and 2-doors) from the inside by pushing the door release lever forward.
Thank you. I remembered the back door lock but couldn't remember how the front door locked.

The rear locks are standard for the time. Fronts lock as described, except that opening the door unlocks-the-lock, so a least one of them always has do be locked with a key.

I'm sure someone thought this was brilliant, but it probably just meant no one ever locked the front doors. I'm sure we all know it continued into the early 70s.

Luckily it's easily defeated on the modern versions.

The rear locks are standard for the time. Fronts lock as described, except that opening the door unlocks-the-lock, so a least one of them always has do be locked with a key.

I'm sure someone thought this was brilliant, but it probably just meant no one ever locked the front doors. I'm sure we all know it continued into the early 70s.

Luckily it's easily defeated on the modern versions.

Take that back, it's actually the latching motion that unlocks the pre-locked door, but same idea.

Interesting Mopar quirk, but I think others did it as well.

On cars of this era, you could lock the front doors (and 2-doors) from the inside by pushing the door release lever forward.

My 65 F100 looks from inside the same way. Push handle forward for lock and pull back to open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back