1964 Imperial

that sounds like bs to me, if hes a dealer hes going to want it gone, not spend time pulling it apart, storing all the parts and having to advertise them and deal with time wasters......
i think hes working you

Just spoke with the owner. He mentioned that he could have it shipped for $800. Sounded like he would possibly take 8K for the car but he is now talking about parting the car out. He also has a 67 convertible but it will need complete restoration. The owner seems like a nice guy but he also sounds like a professional dealer. When I offered to post his add here with us, he asked me not to as he is going to start parting it out.

There is very little chance that this car would generate even $7K for parts, he is trying to work you. Time to run.

Dave

Exactly what I'm doing.

upload_2020-9-1_10-17-45.png

There is very little chance that this car would generate even $7K for parts, he is trying to work you. Time to run.

Dave
I disagree about the value of the parts but it’s a moot point as it’s way too nice to part.

It's starting to sound like he's trying to call your bluff. Especially if he's using the I'm going to start parting it out tactics.

It's a nice car. Not exceedingly rare. They are handsome vehicles-the full width rear window fits the clean, Engle styled body, better than the more formal one found on Lebaron sedans and coupes. Regardless of those thoughts ( from a random stranger on the internet) parting out it is silly. And either the seller is lacking mental capacity or playing games. Neither of which are worth your time. There will be others.

Back