1965 Chrysler 300 Convertible Restoration

Just redid my 65 New Yorker. Didn't go as far down but almost. Basically, spent 5 months putting trim back on, restoring dash, new carpet, some engine improvements, going through all electrical and replacing hardened wiring, etc. I'm going to post pictures soon.

Just redid my 65 New Yorker. Didn't go as far down but almost. Basically, spent 5 months putting trim back on, restoring dash, new carpet, some engine improvements, going through all electrical and replacing hardened wiring, etc. I'm going to post pictures soon.

Sweet. Can't wait to see it.

Just starting on a 66 Newport 2 dr hardtop, but that my friend just makes me jealous and wish I had gone with a ragtop myself. Quality work and a great inspiration!

You're still not getting enough accolades. Of all the members projects I have seen over the last several years from ANY C-body forum, yours without a doubt is the best.

Now, Lea, get off your butt, get a second job, go without sleep for the next year and finish up BOAB!

I've been following this car since the beginning and as much as I would like to emulate Scott's fine work, I have resigned myself to the fact I just will not be able to match his quality and attention to detail. Mine was in much better shape than his when I started, but the opposite will be true when I am finished. Scott did a transformation, mine more of a refresh that is taking just as long.

When I started - fresh from Danville, CA

Arrival008-1.jpg

Now

P7240056.jpg

P7240058.jpg

Restorationpics051A-1.jpg

I can only dream, and must remember - "Thou shall not covet..."

You're still not getting enough accolades. Of all the members projects I have seen over the last several years from ANY C-body forum, yours without a doubt is the best.

Now, Lea, get off your butt, get a second job, go without sleep for the next year and finish up BOAB!

Wow! Thanks for the compliment!

Motor Trend Classic had planned to do a feature on the car but they are in the process of changing Editors so it is on hold.

I've been following this car since the beginning and as much as I would like to emulate Scott's fine work, I have resigned myself to the fact I just will not be able to match his quality and attention to detail. Mine was in much better shape than his when I started, but the opposite will be true when I am finished. Scott did a transformation, mine more of a refresh that is taking just as long.

When I started - fresh from Danville, CA

Arrival008-1.jpg

Now

P7240056.jpg

P7240058.jpg

Restorationpics051A-1.jpg

I can only dream, and must remember - "Thou shall not covet..."

I'm sure your car will turn out phenomenal. If you lived closer, I'd give you a hand.

Wow! Thanks for the compliment!
I do not like to probe other peoples finances. It's none of my business.
But I have to guess the receipts are approaching six figures. :icon_silent:
If I'm not close, it at least looks it.

I do not like to probe other peoples finances. It's none of my business.
But I have to guess the receipts are approaching six figures. :icon_silent:
If I'm not close, it at least looks it.

No, not that high. I've got about $30-$35K in the car including purchase price. I did a vast majority of the work myself excluding paint and body, machine work, covering the seats and installing the top. Everything else I did myself.

What a beautiful restoration. Any chance of seeing your 300 at Carlisle next week? I know you are at least 3,000+ miles from Carlisle. It sure would be one finest Mopar's at the show!

:imho:

What a beautiful restoration. Any chance of seeing your 300 at Carlisle next week? I know you are at least 3,000+ miles from Carlisle. It sure would be one finest Mopar's at the show!

:imho:

Thanks for the compliment. There are two chances I'll be at Carlisle: slim and none and slim just left the building. That is waaaayyy too far to drive. I had it at this year's Spring Fling in Van Nuys, CA where it took home 1st place in its class: 300 and 300 Letter Cars.

Last edited:
Please, if he goes to Carlisle I might as well leave my car home, locked in the garage.

Rexus31, I've said it before and I'll say it again. That is one beautiful car! Nice work.

Spanish Red Poly, right?

Last edited:
Back