1965 Chrysler exhaust vs '66-'67

D Cluley

Reaction score
I have a '65 300, 383 with factory manifolds (2463107 & 2205535) and a single exhaust.

The current exhaust has multiple cobbled together repairs and I'd like to just replace it all at once with something better.

For a variety of reasons I would rather get something I can bolt on myself rather than take it to a shop. Problem is, I'm not finding anything that looks like it will work.

Looking at TTIs list of manifolds my right side 2205535 comes up N/A. Apparently they can make a head pipe for that manifold for a 440, but not a 383.

Classic Exhaust shows both single and dual sets for '66-'67 but nothing for '65.

Digging into the parts book, the left side manifold was used for all of those years, but the right side changed, with '66-'67 using 2532464 (which TTI has on its list) Looking at pictures online, the later manifold looks basically similar to mine, but the bolt holes on the flange are clearly clocked differently.

So, is that really the only significant difference, and if I replaced my right manifold, would the later exhaust fit without problems?

Probably.

1965 has a slightly different stub frame with isolated mount torsion bars. As long as the humps in the crossmember for the exhaust are in the same spot as the '66-up cars, you should be good. It's likely that they are.

Jeff

Your system is probably identical to mine. Try Waldron Exhaust. I replaced my single exhaust from the Y pipe connector back and bought the correct hanger at the axle from Murray Park. The Y pipe is still quite solid as it was a heavier gauge and I didn’t feel like busting the exhaust manifold bolts lose. Waldron also offers the second muffler in the tailpipe just as originally came on car. Figure all new bolts and clamps and it was pretty easy to do myself.

Your system is probably identical to mine. Try Waldron Exhaust. I replaced my single exhaust from the Y pipe connector back and bought the correct hanger at the axle from Murray Park. The Y pipe is still quite solid as it was a heavier gauge and I didn’t feel like busting the exhaust manifold bolts lose. Waldron also offers the second muffler in the tailpipe just as originally came on car. Figure all new bolts and clamps and it was pretty easy to do myself.

Unfortunately, a bad Y pipe is what started this whole train of thought. Thanks for the suggestion, I had forgotten about Waldron.

I have several sets of ‘67 manifolds available if you want to go that route.

Thanks Matt. I will keep that in mind but it looks like Waldron's can do what I need, so hopefully I'm set.

Back