blakev42

Reaction score
My project car
New suspension, wheels, headlights.

IMG_1039.jpeg

Good Afternoon
Looks like a good place to start.
How is the interior/drive train?
Here is a pic of the poorer relation (Newport)
1965-chrysler-newport (8).jpg

As Purchased (May 2021)
IMG_1180.JPG

Last Summer

blakev42,
I can save you a lot of time, trouble, and $$$, as I have all 15 components of an entire Front End , with the top of the line Quality parts available :

Suspension : Upper and LOWER Ball Joints, Upper and LOWER Control Arm Bushings…

Steering : Inner and Outer Tie Rods and TIE ROD SLEEVES , Idler Arm and PITMAN ARM…..

The Rest : Strut Rod Bushings, Inner and Outer Sway Bar Frame Bushings, Upper & Lower Control Arm Rebound Bumpers….

P.M. me, as per forum rules, if interested…..

Craig……

Hi Blake, glad to see there are still some '65 NY cars and nerds out there!

I found a great shop here in Tampa with a really good guy to do my front-end. But he was so busy, I finally just bought a parts kit (made in USA) off Ebay for about $300, and thought I'd just do the rebuild myself. But despite all my mechanical knowledge, I realized I would be in over my head.

He finally agreed to do the job, and was OK using the kit I bought on ebay. The installation cost me about $700. Normally I do all my own work, but, as Harry Callahan says "A man's got to know his own limits". That is 700 bucks I don't regret spending.

Best of luck from Tampa!

113_1398.JPG

113_1388.JPG

113_1393.JPG

113_1370.JPG

113_1400.JPG

blakev42,
I can save you a lot of time, trouble, and $$$, as I have all 15 components of an entire Front End , with the top of the line Quality parts available :

Suspension : Upper and LOWER Ball Joints, Upper and LOWER Control Arm Bushings…

Steering : Inner and Outer Tie Rods and TIE ROD SLEEVES , Idler Arm and PITMAN ARM…..

The Rest : Strut Rod Bushings, Inner and Outer Sway Bar Frame Bushings, Upper & Lower Control Arm Rebound Bumpers….

P.M. me, as per forum rules, if interested…..

Craig……
I actually replaced all of the front end suspension with the complete rebuild kit from andersenrestorations

Two major problems with what you (didn't get ).....

# 1 ) Their products are all Chineseum, as you must have noticed.....

# 2 ) I am quite sure you didn't get all 15 items....

Well, you should be fine, if you keep it under 15 miles per hour, and never change lanes, or turn.....

But despite all my mechanical knowledge, I realized I would be in over my head.

He finally agreed to do the job, and was OK using the kit I bought on ebay. The installation cost me about $700. Normally I do all my own work, but, as Harry Callahan says "A man's got to know his own limits". That is 700 bucks I don't regret spending.
Probably the most ball breaking job I ever did.

Two major problems with what you (didn't get ).....

# 1 ) Their products are all Chineseum, as you must have noticed.....

# 2 ) I am quite sure you didn't get all 15 items....

Well, you should be fine, if you keep it under 15 miles per hour, and never change lanes, or turn.....
Where else could I have bought the parts?

I have been on this site for 13 years --- ever since I heard about it --- FANTASTIC SITE --- with a lot of Great People on it ---

Had you asked, under " Parts Wanted " --- 30 different people would have sent you to me, if they saw your request before me....
And, they would have done you and me a favor , by alerting me as to your request....

If there is anything you need or want, you can P.M. me, as per forum rules....

Did you get LOWER Ball Joints & LOWER Control Arm Bushings???
Did you get Correct Tie Rod SLEEVES ???
Did you get a PITMAN ARM ???

Craig.....

Scrolling Up, it looks like I answered you the very same day that you asked !!!
That is why no one else chimed in !!! I had already responded to you....back on November 3rd..... ^^^^^^ .......

It's OK Blake, I know how you feel. Some guys don't know how to approach things other than to start by busting your balls. Stubs comes to mind of course. I'm sure your rebuild will be just fine.

Had the subject been handled differently, I imagine that chap might have gotten your business in the future; but after the public dress-down (now two), you'll probably look elsewhere. Cheers from Tampa.

Scrolling Up, it looks like I answered you the very same day that you asked !!!
That is why no one else chimed in !!! I had already responded to you....back on November 3rd..... ^^^^^^ .......
He never asked. He introduced his project car and stated it had new suspension, wheels and headlights. You proceeded to try to sell him something he no longer needed, then put down the quality of the parts he had purchased and installed. Not a very warm welcome to a new member, and poor salesmanship all around.

Beautiful gold leather interior in that New Yorker!

He never asked. He introduced his project car and stated it had new suspension, wheels and headlights. You proceeded to try to sell him something he no longer needed, then put down the quality of the parts he had purchased and installed. Not a very warm welcome to a new member, and poor salesmanship all around.

Beautiful gold leather interior in that New Yorker!
Thank you

Back