1965 Dodge Monaco

65 Monaco

Reaction score
After many years of searching I finally found and purchased a 1965 Monaco. Has a 413 wedge under the hood and a factory tach in the console. The previous owner upgraded the front brakes from drum to disk and added an electronic ignition. My dad drove a '65 Monaco with the same color interior when I was a kid. Always loved the wicker inserts on the back of the front seats, full length console and the bucket seats in the back. Wanted to share a few pics.

20160528_104423.jpeg

received_10209099053970699.jpeg

received_10209099055290732.jpeg

received_10209099047490537.jpeg

Looks good!

Is that the one you were asking about the trunk color?

I really like that interior. I remember when my father had his 67 Fury III in 1967 and it was in the shop again. They loaned him a 1966 Sport Fury III 2dr. Same interior as yours except minus the round gauges which I actually like better. When he drove it home I was all over it being a 13 year old. In fact I was satisfied with how clean it was so I washed the car and went over the interior detailing it up. All that for 2 days use. See, the curse started early.

My grandfather did have a 65 Polara. Sedan, of course. He was always a Dodge boy.

Last edited:
Looks awesome! My '65 Monaco has the same color interior. I've been looking and looking for a replacement for my ripped driver's seat... Any ideas who might have one?
Monaco with Wheels 1.jpg

After many years of searching I finally found and purchased a 1965 Monaco. Has a 413 wedge under the hood and a factory tach in the console. The previous owner upgraded the front brakes from drum to disk and added an electronic ignition. My dad drove a '65 Monaco with the same color interior when I was a kid. Always loved the wicker inserts on the back of the front seats, full length console and the bucket seats in the back. Wanted to share a few pics.

That is one gorgeous car! I love the interior, and the black paint ain't bad either. Are you gonna bring it to Carlisle ?

That car looks perfect - inside and out! By that, I don't just mean its condition, although that is perfect too, I also mean I love the way everything else has been done to it. Perfect stance, perfect wheels and tires, perfect exhaust tips! Everything! It looks exactly like the era from which it comes.

Looks awesome! My '65 Monaco has the same color interior. I've been looking and looking for a replacement for my ripped driver's seat... Any ideas who might have one?View attachment 82354

Sorry no. I almost bought a blue one with a black interior I found in Tennessee in March but it needed to much work. The driver's seat had about 6 rips in it and I was trying to find a place that could redo it but had no luck.

That car looks perfect - inside and out! By that, I don't just mean its condition, although that is perfect too, I also mean I love the way everything else has been done to it. Perfect stance, perfect wheels and tires, perfect exhaust tips! Everything! It looks exactly like the era from which it comes.

Thanks, I've been getting a lot of compliments on it at a few of the local classic car "cruise ins" I've attended. Last week I went to a MOPAR only show that had around 400 cars and mine was the only '65 Monaco I saw. There aren't many of them around anymore.

Back