1965 Imperial Coupe my buddy get a deal?

polara66hardtop

Reaction score
A good friend just picked this up, it looks good, runs fine, needs some work. he got it for $2,000.00 In Utah.
He is an Imperial nut only 25 years old, and has a matching four door already. It's going to a good home.:yaayy:

IMG955821.jpg

IMG_5414  65 Imperial.jpg

65 Imperial #2.jpg

25 yrs old, i hope he doesnt put wagon wheels on that thing :p But hey thats a sweet coupe. Is he going to join FCBO?

He's a great kid, and works for U.P. Railroad, so he's always out in the boonies, and he is always looking for old Mopars. He likes hubcaps more than I do. That is saying a lot. His Dad has an original A12 Superbee, so the kid grew up with mopar on the brain.

Nice car and well bought I think.

I got a feeling it's going to show here to get some repairs, as he is transferring from west to the Midwest. If it does, I'll post better
pictures.

AH, nothin! Johnnie Carson said he charged .25 cents an hour for the back seat of his 40 Chrysler to his buddies in college. Imagine a four door Imperial? at least a dollar! HAHA LoL

Absolutely nothing wrong with 4 doors as long as there's no B-pillar, IMO.

Just yanking your chain. I know most people really prefer coupes. And I'm on board with the "no B pillars" feeling. The hardtop sedan was just such an iconic design trend of the 50s and 60s that these cars (all cars, really) don't look right without it.

That looks like a very nice, complete, straight Imperial for Valiant money.

Everything is good! I believe the other is pillarless, I haven't seen it in a year or so, though. I am going to sell my 67' New Yorker four door hardtop by the way.

If it's a matching 4-door, then it's pillarless. Imperial didn't go back to a pillared 4-door until 67. It looks like they carried through the 1969-73 body, as well, but I'm not as up to date on those.

Back