Status
Not open for further replies.

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
*NM*

This 1965 Chrysler Crown Imperial is a one-family car. I inherited it from my grandfather but I put it in storage in 1989. At that time it drove and ran well and it was my intention to eventually restore it but I obviously never got around to it! It has 67,793 miles on it. I have not attempted to start it since 1989 but it has been stored undercover in a barn and is in very good condition (considering its age!) It isn't perfect - there are some minor scrapes on passenger side back door and some paint issues on the trunk (see pictures below). She definitely needs a bath and a thorough cleaning inside and carpet probably needs to be replaced. I have no idea what it needs mechanically. I have reached the point where I can let it go now, to someone who will appreciate and restore this beautiful example of a mid-sixties behemoth! (Yes, it's just like the Green Hornet's car - without the secret spy gadgets and Kato! You'll have to add those yourself!)

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/cto/3223752032.html

I always thought this particular year style looked very stately and restrained (designed by Elwood Engel chief designer?)...of course when they were not beached like this one is.

Yep, that was Engel's attempt at downsizing. Beautiful but still 5,000 lbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back