1965 pace car restoration

Bit more achieved today. Thanks for the nice comments

IMG_0962.JPG

IMG_0965.JPG

IMG_0972.JPG

IMG_0974.JPG

IMG_0976.JPG

Little more progress. Bolted the front on as I'm a bit short on room to store bits till the engine is built. Have been a bit busy assembling the 59 Desoto lately. My reproduction transfer kit is done. Will need to give the car a good buff hopefully in the next few weeks.

IMG_1049.JPG

IMG_1074.JPG

IMG_1094.JPG

IMG_1097.JPG

I love this build. Please tell me you are painting this piece by piece in a tent in the back yard.

:thankyou:
I sure am. Long story but my ex got the house and my shed. This place didn't have any sheds and as were pulling it down for redevelopment eventually I didn't want to waste money on a shed ATM. These are cheap gazebo type carports that I've wrapped with heavy duty old banners. I've got a few set up here at present. Bit of an eyesore but they work a treat. :)

I sure am. Long story but my ex got the house and my shed. This place didn't have any sheds and as were pulling it down for redevelopment eventually I didn't want to waste money on a shed ATM. These are cheap gazebo type carports that I've wrapped with heavy duty old banners. I've got a few set up here at present. Bit of an eyesore but they work a treat. :)
Its been fun to watch!

I cast up the correct hood emblem this week. Still have to clean it up and get it plated. My original is badly pitted on the inside. I've been polishing some of the aluminium trim. Just about to wet sand and buff the body later today.

IMG_1192.JPG

IMG_1200.JPG

IMG_1203.JPG

IMG_1204.JPG

IMG_1206.JPG

IMG_1210.JPG

IMG_1226.JPG

Starting to sort out the rear lights. I bought a nos set of inners last night on eBay. Certainly wasn't cheap but it completes the rear as I had the rest in nos.

IMG_1298.JPG

IMG_1299.PNG

IMG_1309.JPG

I've spent a fair bit of time sorting through some of my trim. I have quite a few of the front hood trim but nothing in good condition. This piece took around 12 hours of delicate straightening and polishing.

IMG_1344.JPG

IMG_1387.JPG

IMG_1388.JPG

IMG_1389.JPG

Trial fitting some of the rear. Still need to weld up some holes in the rear bar and knock out a few dings before plating. Would like to find a better rear lid main trim with the Plymouth writing on it. Cannot justify the nos one for $1400

IMG_1582.JPG

IMG_1629.JPG

Back