1965 Sport Fury shift cable

adh1056

Reaction score
Hi, new to this site.
I'm looking for a shift cable for a 1965 sport fury. I saw another forum where someone gave a link to vans auto, but it looks like they no longer carry it. Does anyone else make them?
Thanks in advance,
Andy

20230812_123924.jpg

I took my old cable to the Hydraulics Supply company here in Chattanooga, they make control cables as well as hydraulic items and they were able to make one for me. Its been awhile but I think I had to reuse the bullet connector from the old cable. Good luck.

I just read about this on the 300 club email group. It had come from a Facebook post, but there were a couple guys that chimed in and said they had work done there.

Here's a Facebook posting by a Lee Meyer, K Ram owner, that may be of interest -

I recently was dreading getting transmission cables replaced or rebuilt for my 300 Ram K. I am pretty tired of the small amount of vendors that sell or rebuild parts for these old mopars, because of costs, poor quality, waiting years for things etc. So, a friend of mine who is a race car guy recommended this company in Santa Fe Springs CA that make control cables for race cars, boats and whatever. I sent them my shifter and park cables and the guy says no sweat. ONE WEEK later i had my new cables and they are spot on perfect better than factory by a mile. Pretty much an impossible feat for these chryslers. So, tell the other guys (you all know who they are) to pack sand and call these dudes. Control Cables Inc 562-949-0455 www.controlcables.com

Control Cables | Industrial Motion Controls | Street Rod Parts & Accessories

and they also posted pictures.

1705418598054.png

1705418620973.png

I went to the site and it really looks good... I may replace a cable in my '65 Barracuda, so if I do, I'll try them.

Alright. Ordered mine from imperial services on the first of December, and haven't heard back. Guess I'll just have to wait some more. Tried calling but their mailbox is full.
Thanks!

Alright. Ordered mine from imperial services on the first of December, and haven't heard back. Guess I'll just have to wait some more. Tried calling but their mailbox is full.
Thanks!
I'm not surprised. That was kind of typical for them a few years ago and I had hoped they had changed. I guess not.

Back