1965 Sport Fury steering coupler upgrade information needed!

4spd6pk

Reaction score
I am looking to eliminate the overpriced factory steering coupler replacement with a Flaming River or Borgeson U-joint system. Talked to Flaming River and the tech said to me there is no Rag joint type set up in that car. Dead wrong in my opinion...hockey puck sized with 4 bolts and......it's what I've got and seen on other power steering '65 Furies. Borgeson is in need of measurements specific to the car before offering a u-joint set-up...which is what I'm after. The question...Has anyone made this conversion with the 65 Sport Fury (or any '65 Fury w/pwr steering) and have any part numbers...specific's to the conversion with either companies products? I thought with all the Data base technology these days,there would be information in their arsenal of specific applications to a customers vehicle and year. I have heard many good things about both companies and the products they offer.....just need a tip from someone who has been down the road with this conversion already. Thanks for any input guys! 65 Sport Fury and other PICS 184.jpg

65 Sport Fury and other PICS 184.jpg

steering coupler

I am looking to eliminate the overpriced factory steering coupler replacement with a Flaming River or Borgeson U-joint system. Talked to Flaming River and the tech said to me there is no Rag joint type set up in that car. Dead wrong in my opinion...hockey puck sized with 4 bolts and......it's what I've got and seen on other power steering '65 Furies. Borgeson is in need of measurements specific to the car before offering a u-joint set-up...which is what I'm after. The question...Has anyone made this conversion with the 65 Sport Fury (or any '65 Fury w/pwr steering) and have any part numbers...specific's to the conversion with either companies products? I thought with all the Data base technology these days,there would be information in their arsenal of specific applications to a customers vehicle and year. I have heard many good things about both companies and the products they offer.....just need a tip from someone who has been down the road with this conversion already. Thanks for any input guys!View attachment 5386

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=140735
Check out this thread on a 1964.

My 65 Sport Fury steering coupler just broke in half. I plan on using the ideas from the forum above for guidance to steering nirvana. Did you get yours updated?

Back