1965 Windsor Custom

Well I managed enough time to head out to the garage today. I really wanted to hang the fender and since the entire side of the car is being painted it made sense. I used a Wurth rust primer on the backside (not that it needed any rust specific paint but I had it at my shop), stopped off at home depot this morning just to see if they had any paint close to my color as I wanted to paint the crevices and backside before installing and what do you know, both Rustoleum and Tremclad have my exact color in a rattle can!! I can't tell them apart. So now the fender is on.

I also had the alternator rebuilt at a local shop that I deal with through work and they took extra care of it ;). Still need to sort out steering couplers and brake lines but I have an adjustable proportional valve now to mount onto the frame so I guess that can come next. Anyway here's some more pics.

Okay! Some more progress. I've got an adjustable proportional valve bolted right in place of the original, new brake lines bent up and bled. Also found a rebuilt TRW pump with brackets and pulley from a local mopar guru to replace my worn out Thompson which is impossible to find. Next up is the steering shaft and ujoints, hopefully tomorrow. Also looks like I need a 40" v belt based on my measurements.

Enjoy!

Thanks.
Engine bay just takes elbowgrease. Needs another pressurewash from all the antifreeze that seeps out of every hole. Furyus 67, I'm digging your project as well!

More progress! I completed block sanding of the front fender and rear quarter and also painted the side. Almost all the trim back on. I'm lucky enough to have a great bodyshop supply store nearby who mixed me up some single stage that came out extremely close to the existing color. They were happy to sell me a new spray gun too haha. :)

Sure does, nice work!

Good job. You are lucky you got all your parts when you did, since Heavy Metal closed down. Who did you use for the alternator?

Looking good! .There is something about getting the trim back on the car. You know you are in the home stretch. One of the most satisfying parts of my restoration. The color looks really nice on your car.

Thanks! I never considered myself much of a body guy but I finally spent some dough on quality tools and it made all the difference. Very sad to see Heavy Metal close down for sure, I did a last walk trough for any parts but none were any better than what I have. Still need some better bumpers.
Rick and Rich at Treasure Electric rebuilt the alternator. Top notch guys.

Back