1966 Chrysler 300 Valuation

I'll hafta check, but I don't think my window frame looks anything like that.
Yeah, verify with your frame.
As I recall that glass is the same on the 2drs and assume the bracket assembly is also.
If confirmed I do have the driver side tinted glass and roller.

Last edited:
Yeah, verify with tour frame.
As I recall that glass is the same on the 2drs and assume the bracket assembly is also.
If confirmed I do have the driver side tinted glass and roller.
The roller I need is on the passenger side quarter glass bracket. Do you think I can just unbolt the roller from the driver side bracket and bolt onto my passenger side bracket. In other words the roller that bolts on to the glass bracket is the same on either side? I hope I'm not being confusing.

The roller I need is on the passenger side quarter glass bracket. Do you think I can just unbolt the roller from the driver side bracket and bolt onto my passenger side bracket. In other words the roller that bolts on to the glass bracket is the same on either side? I hope I'm not being confusing.

You could probably do that, but why? Taking these window mechanisms apart is a huge pain. If the driver's side is working OK, I would leave it alone, and look for the passenger side roller piece - if that proves to be the way to fix it.

Your car is gorgeous. If it were mine, the ONLY thing I would consider doing to it is to upgrade to disc brakes and a dual res master cylinder. It's actually quite easy to do, and is the single most important upgrade you can do with your car. Lose a brake line with a single res system and you have NO brakes.

Any questions can be answered by many experts here on FCBO, and I have it all condensed into a couple of Word docs that summarize the whole process. The biggest challenge is finding the right power booster, which if you act quickly you can get a core from @SGT FURY and send it off to Booster Dewey for a rebuild. Now that I think of it, @SGT FURY also has a complete disc conversion for sale from a 73 C body. Direct bolt in...
For Sale - Complete 1970 300 power disc brake

Your car is gorgeous. If it were mine, the ONLY thing I would consider doing to it is to upgrade to disc brakes and a dual res master cylinder. It's actually quite easy to do, and is the single most important upgrade you can do with your car. Lose a brake line with a single res system and you have NO brakes.

Any questions can be answered by many experts here on FCBO, and I have it all condensed into a couple of Word docs that summarize the whole process. The biggest challenge is finding the right power booster, which if you act quickly you can get a core from @SGT FURY and send it off to Booster Dewey for a rebuild. Now that I think of it, @SGT FURY also has a complete disc conversion for sale from a 73 C body. Direct bolt in...
For Sale - Complete 1970 300 power disc brake
Thank you! Will definitely check into that. I have never thought about the master cylinder (duel vs. single). I'm don't know too much about the mechanics of cars and am trying to learn about this kind of stuff and I've determined that there is a world of stuff I don't know. Again, thank you.

Edit: I looked at @SGT FURY's ad and he says it's local pickup only... I'm on the other side of the country in SC. If not for that I'd totally hit him up.

Last edited:
It's actually quite easy to do, and is the single most important upgrade you can do with your car.
Ross, I generally agree with all of your posts, except IMO a disc conversion is not something for a novice. There are a lot of subtle details and it's easy to unwittingly mis-match parts, esp with the dwindling supply of OEM stuff to get a complete system. Even then, the little differences in valving year-year make it hard to truly get a 'complete' OEM kit.

As for expert advice, yes, we have that, but I've also seen far too many conversions being discussed with far too few people calling out to use correct disc boosters, and very few people call out to check the hose stretch with the wheels in the air and turned both directions. So it's hard to get 'complete' info, too (maybe your Word docs have that, though).

@Dodge - Be aware that to swap to factory discs requires 15" wheels, so you need wheels, tires, and wheelcovers or some styled-wheel solution.

Ross, I generally agree with all of your posts, except IMO a disc conversion is not something for a novice. There are a lot of subtle details and it's easy to unwittingly mis-match parts, esp with the dwindling supply of OEM stuff to get a complete system. Even then, the little differences in valving year-year make it hard to truly get a 'complete' OEM kit.

As for expert advice, yes, we have that, but I've also seen far too many conversions being discussed with far too few people calling out to use correct disc boosters, and very few people call out to check the hose stretch with the wheels in the air and turned both directions. So it's hard to get 'complete' info, too (maybe your Word docs have that, though).

@Dodge - Be aware that to swap to factory discs requires 15" wheels, so you need wheels, tires, and wheelcovers or some styled-wheel solution.
Thanks @fury fan, some time soon I'd like to go with 15" magnums and maybe a 235-70-15 tire, but for now I will have to wait on the disc brake conversion. Cash is a little tight due to working on home renovations, but I do appreciate your advice a bunch.

Agreed, and my docs are very clear on what are the acceptable boosters, and NOT to reuse the drum booster, and I do make mention of concerns over front brake flex hoses, and include some readily available substitutes from later model vans.

I also make sure to note that people should always have their work checked over by a qualified mechanic.

Anybody on this site who knows me knows I'm usually the first to be bleating about drum boosters and disc systems and why they should NOT be used. Often getting slammed down by the naysayers in the process.

:)

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with drums IMO but definitely switch to dual circuit master.

Is this the roller that you need.
This is from a 66 newport.
I have seen these advertised but not sure if it was Van's Auto, or Atlas Obsolete Parts, or possibly RT specialties ( RT something)

20210318_191351.jpg

Is this the roller that you need.
This is from a 66 newport.
I have seen these advertised but not sure if it was Van's Auto, or Atlas Obsolete Parts, or possibly RT specialties ( RT something)

View attachment 450671
Ebay for those roller kits. Search for username dodgeboy. I have a set sitting in my garage waiting to go in from him.

Those roller kits are available from many sources now. Murray probably has them also.
However this is the one he needs.
AC75F838-5BD8-4A37-A7A8-3D09F3A77C9C.jpeg

This roller is available. The nylon rollers don’t spin freely, but I don’t know if they’re supposed to. And the swivel ball doesn’t move the smoothest.

I had the same quarter window roller issue on the power windows in my '66 convertible. The roller is not serviceable. It is permanently attached to the aluminum frame in which the window glass resides. I had to buy one from Murray (not cheap) in order to repair my quarter window.

I would suggest you keep this car, fix all the issues and join us at Carlisle on July 9 -11. I'll reserve you a space, a libation of your choice and a seat in the shade. I guarantee you'll have a great time.
Hi there
Rip,
I found a way to replace the rollers a couple of years ago
I worked with a local machine shop for making rollers from t6000 series aluminum

The big trick is to Remove the assembly from the window and be able to secure it to the frame again
Even if the rollers aren’t broken, they are likely egg shaped from sitting in the same position for a number of untold years

Those roller kits are available from many sources now. Murray probably has them also.
However this is the one he needs.View attachment 450678
This roller is available. The nylon rollers don’t spin freely, but I don’t know if they’re supposed to. And the swivel ball doesn’t move the smoothest.
I’d be interested in buying it if possible. I sent you a PM.

Hi there
Rip,
I found a way to replace the rollers a couple of years ago
I worked with a local machine shop for making rollers from t6000 series aluminum

The big trick is to Remove the assembly from the window and be able to secure it to the frame again
Even if the rollers aren’t broken, they are likely egg shaped from sitting in the same position for a number of untold years
Would I be able to buy some of those aluminum rollers from you or would you please be able to tell me how I could go about getting a few?

Back