1966 Chrysler Newport - $1,500 obo

Status
Not open for further replies.

superbee_68

Reaction score
Contact seller
1966 Chrysler Newport, 383 4BBL, car is complete, a few things have been taken apart but it is all there. No title. Car was sold new in Waco, TX, went to Oklahoma for a while, and is now back in Fort Worth, Texas. Would not take much to get running, brake pedal goes to the floor. Front fender has a little bit of damage on the front edge, right rear quarter has a dent. The passenger floor boards are rotted and the trunk has two rusty spots. All rust is in sheet metal, not structural. You could file for lost title in Oklahoma, or get a bonded title.

Asking $1,500 obo

IMG_2055.jpgIMG_2056.jpgIMG_2057.jpgIMG_2058.jpgIMG_2041.jpgIMG_2042.jpgIMG_2043.jpgIMG_2044.jpgIMG_2045.jpgIMG_2046.jpg

IMG_2055.jpg

IMG_2056.jpg

IMG_2057.jpg

IMG_2058.jpg

IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2042.jpg

IMG_2043.jpg

IMG_2044.jpg

IMG_2045.jpg

IMG_2046.jpg

Last edited:
If this car doesn't sell whole, then I will pull the motor, transmission, and rear-end and part out the rest of the car. I'll let y'all know when I pull the trigger on parting it out, but I would rather sell whole. I just need this thing off of my trailer. If you need something, go ahead and let me know. All the A/C stuff is there, good radiator with good fan shroud, lots of good interior parts, two speedometers, seats, door panels, hardware, glass, trim, brake booster, lights, bumpers, and lots more.

Time is about out for this one. I will most likely start pulling the drive-train next week. If you need any of these parts, let me know and I will get you pictures and pricing. If you don't grab parts now, the car is going to a junkyard and will most likely be crushed. I really hate to do it, and I have never taken an old mopar off the road before, but I need a 383 and this car takes up a lot of driveway real estate. If someone wanted the whole car for parts once the drive-train is removed, I would be willing to sell it cheap. My phone number is on the craigslist add in dallas/fort worth craigslist.

Tomorrow is the day. If you want parts from this car, let me know by the end of the weekend. The body will be drug to the crusher on Monday. So far the only thing I am saving is the drive train.

That's the best you can do. The rust repair in the car will cost way more to repair then the car will ever be worth.

The car didn't get sent off to the crusher, someone bought the whole rolling body last minute for a few hundred dollars. I have no idea what he plans to do with it. I tried to keep it together for someone to restore, but when you need a motor for other more complete projects and the thing takes up your entire driveway, I had to yank the motor and sell the car. Y'all have to admit it wasn't all that straight and had quite a bit of rust. There are probably better Newports out there to restore.

Agreed but nice try anyway, my hat's off to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back