1966 Cowl removal

NormanPlombe

Reaction score
I'm taking the cowl off my '66 300 to get to fender bolts. I've got the front screws out and wipers off, but cant seem to pull cowl off. Do I need to remove the trim at base of windshield, and if so, how?

0803211445a.jpg

Thanks for reply. I have plastic pry tools for trim but not the metal hook style. Any chance for a picture of what kind of clips hold it on?

The bottom "thick wide" windshield trim should be diamond shaped spring clips. So you should be able to use your plastic pry tools if they are strong enough.

Thanks again. I'll start easy...than get a little frustrated...then a hammer through the windshield maybe. I hate trim...and I know I'm screwed if I bend it up.

Once you have the hidden screws out, it's not unusual for the cowl to be stuck on from excess sealer around the windshield gasket. If it's never been off before, it may take some prying to get it to pop loose.

Jeff

If you screw it up I have several sets available.:rolleyes:

Welp, that was easy. Clips just as described and it popped off with no damage....It's always the things you dread that are easy, and the things you think are gonna be a breeze that bite you in the ***.

Back