1966 dodge phoenix (aussie) looking for a roof skin.

stewie81

Reaction score
hiya guys and girls..
I am only new here :sSig_noob: but i have a 1966 Dodge phoenix here in australia and the roof is full of body filler/Bog..
I cannot find a roof skin here in Aus so i am looking abroad as i believe 4 doore Fury were the same but the usa version.. Does anyone Know where to find a Replacement Roof skin in the states?

And also are all 4door C bodys the same roof?

thanks in advance for help.
66phoenix.jpg

66phoenix.jpg

Hey Stewie, you wont find any new roof skins readily available in the states as new sheet metal for these cars is rare. There just isnt a big enough demand for anyone to manufacture em even here. I think you may want to check around the places Carsten has mentioned as well as Craigslist for cars being parted out in aus as well as here in the states. You may want to check out Jim Robinson auto parts in Melbourne. There used to be a guy who parted a bunch of Phoenixes in NSW who would advertise in the parts trader magazine. You may wanna check there. Also check with the Queensland Chrysler owners club for some contacts on Phoenixes and ask for Paul Denman out in Ipswich he is a good source of info and parts. Here is a link to the Dodge club there, http://www.dodgeclubnsw.com/, i hope thats a good start for you, if I think of anything else i will let you know, cheers.

Personally, I would consider fixing up what you have and adding a vinyl top.

VT's hide a multitude of sins (if prep'd correctly) plus it would suit your car... - seriously, it would look really great!

with the body colour you have you could go with a lizard or croc' skin pattern

Back