1966 Monaco - About to remove dash

Thanks, that is a big help. Is there enough slack in the connector wiring and the speedo cable to disconnect them without having to go under the dash?
Yeah you can pull em out without getting under just be careful

Thanks, that is a big help. Is there enough slack in the connector wiring and the speedo cable to disconnect them without having to go under the dash?
It's snug but doable, slow and easy is the rule.

The speedo cable is best disconnected from behind first. The gauges will pull out far enough then to unplug the electrics.

Last edited:
I'm not sure on your car, but with some cars, you can unbolt the upper bolts on the side and loosen the lowers enough to rock the dash out to you and reach over the top to disconnect. It might be worth a try.

If it works out, put it together the same way.

The speedo cable is best disconnected from behind first. The gauges will pull out far enough then to unplug the electrics.
edit:
I will add my car doesn’t have ac. There may be a duct blocking your access from behind/below. You should be able to get to it by pulling the right gauge pod out first. Those big round openings allow for a lot of access.

Last edited:
Dylan, from your profile I see you are only 16 years old. You will have no problem removing the wiring harness from under the dash. I'm surprised none of our more senior members have brought up how much more difficult this job would be for an old guy! :lol:

Dylan, from your profile I see you are only 16 years old. You will have no problem removing the wiring harness from under the dash. I'm surprised none of our more senior members have brought up how much more difficult this job would be for an old guy! :lol:
Yeah, I don’t fit under the dash as well as I used to either. I think I still ache from that dash work this summer. When I was eighteen I did this stuff for fun!

Deliberately omitted.................. :icon_fU:

Yeah I’ve already spent like 6 hours this week pulling wiring stuff, most under dash lol dosent bother me with the front seat out

Back