1966 new yorker freshened up

Let's try and get some good pictures to come up

20170928_161150.jpg

20170928_162231.jpg

Love it! :thumbsup:

Can't seem to get pictures to load yet again. Some days they load fine. Others the won't. Any help on the picture uploading View attachment 145313

Joey (the site owner) did a big update last week to the server and there may still be a few bugs around. He has a can of RAID in hand and is diligently taking them out one-by-one. :D

I'll have to grab some more pictures. It' finally sitting back on all four wheels. Got a new fuel tank and welded in a sump. New sending unit installed and blocked off the factory feed. Also undercoated the underside of trunk and frame rails before installing tank. Will be running -8an from tank to fuel pump. With a filter in between.
Also picked up aluminum radiator, shroud, and electric fan.
Still anxiously waiting on my engine.

Project is still alive with no real updates. Just part acquisitions. Aluminum pulleys. Mity mounts. Aluminum alt bracket. Mini starter, new alt. Addtional set of rear wheels is back from powder. I'm told motor will be done this month. Car will be moved from my house to the shop soon to get undercoating finished up and fuel system plumbed in preparation for motor install. As soon as it' off the dyno I plan to order the converter and get the motor and trans mated and in the car. Hoping to be on the road by june at this point. I just want to drive this thing already.

Actually got some work done. And snapped a few pictures if they load. Got the subframe connectors in, fuel filter mounted and line ran to engine bay. Grille swapped to a undamaged one. Also finished undercoating. Seemed easier to recoat wear spots than strip it all.

20180417_194120.jpg

20180417_194112.jpg

20180417_194056.jpg

Next steps. Fill and bleed brake system, install trans, route and hook up shifter cable. Install driveshaft and loop. Install headers on the mock up block to check fitment. Wire linelock, install and wire tach. Make radiator mount and wire fan. Still waiting on engine to be done.

Weekend wasn't as productive as I hoped. Started with finding a leak from the Master cylinder. Ordered a new one. I installed the mock up block and transmission. Got the driveshaft in and test fit the tti headers. They mention in instructions you may have to slot the motor mount hole. I did not need to. Routed shift cable and it is too short so ordered a 6'. Mounted up my go fast tires on matching 8" wide wheels. 255/60/15. Fits well and I can still slide my hand between sidewall and skirt. I still have a full set of street tires on the 7" wheels. Then I stuck a intake on and spacers to get the height of my combo the real engine will be and determined a scoop will be necessary. So I cut a hole in the donor hood and got a scoop ordered. Will have to cut hole bigger once I get the scoop. Sounds more productive than reality. But I spent saturday at the track watching a friend of mine.

20180422_153214.jpg

20180422_153313.jpg

20180422_192049.jpg

20180420_181656.jpg

Screenshot_20180422-200407.png

I have a bad stub frame, and had to shim and reposition my engine to fit those headers, but there sure are nice!

I have a bad stub frame, and had to shim and reposition my engine to fit those headers, but there sure are nice!
Yes they are. I have stick heads on this mock up motor and they fit right on with the studs even. I did have to raise the passenger side of the motor a bit to slip them in but the lift made it easy

Well for anyone who did remember this project, its not dead. It will be nice to have a street car again. My engine builder took his time for sure. But now the engine is dynoed and back home and in the car. Now i have to plumb everything up and do all the finishing details. Thinking i need to rebuild the front suspension as well. Any suggestions on a complete front end rebuild?
20181215_181028.jpg
20181215_181149.jpg

20181215_181149.jpg

I used the P-S-T kit, we get a 10% discount through FCBO! It went in easily enough and I haven't had any issues. Real Moog parts are hard to find, the stuff nowadays is made somewhere that has poor quality standards.

I used KYB shocks all around, I might use Bilsteins the next car I do.

I used caltrac shocks to go with the caltracs in the rear that we pulled off my father in laws car when he backhalfed. The front has something new nothing special. But the ball joints and tierod ends all have the boots cracked and since everything else is new the frontend needs adressed

Car is now running. Still some odds and ends to finish up but it runs and goes into all gears. Going to be a good summer. Cant wait to have a street car again. Now the battle will be go race the duster or cruise the new yorker.

So i decided a formal build thread would be good. Wont be completed until spring time is my best guess. But here it is. Starting with a 66 new yorker with clean interior clean exterior ran pretty rough. Motor is half apart and getting ready to head to the builder. Transmission is almost done. Updating to front disc brakes and redoing all the lines and rear drums. Got some swap meet wheels powdercoated to match the car and some new cheap rubber. Enterior is original and in excellent shape and will remain untouched aside from a floor nounted cable shifter. A lot of parts stacking up with much more to go. Ill post later to update the plans on the engine, and specs on transmission

View attachment 138395

View attachment 138396
I like your idea of a build. You rarely see hot 4-door or, for that matter, c-bodies. Looking forward to following this one.

Took car up to exhaust yesterday. Slightly dissapointed with the way it had to be routed. With the replacement tank taking so much room it didnt allow for getting exhaust to the back bumper. Not a chance at getting dual 3" out there much less. And the cal tracs prevented taking it out in front of rear tires. So he brought it just in front of rear end and turned them down and out towards tires. So now im just kind of kicking myself for getting a replacement tabk and sumping it instead of a fuel cell in the trunk. Then i would have had plenty of room and probably saved money. But at the expense of my trunk space. Having some brake issues i need to work through and not sure what my charging is doing. These are the next 2 items to be addressed. Then its just cleaning up the exterior and all the trim from years of sitting. I did get to take a little cruise through town and i can say im going to have a lot of fun with this car. It melts the street tires with ease. Ill give it some time before i put the et streets on it and see if i can make it hook up.

Wow i havent updated anything here. Been busy out having fun with the newyorker and spending most of my time with the duster. Since the duster is apart at the moment we tool the new yorker to the track this weekend and my wife made her drag racing debut. Was cosistenly running mid .40s of course once eliminations came around she pulled this out.

20190807_171023_HDR.jpg

FB_IMG_1568632858573.jpg

Back