1966 Newport speedo cluster lights

194 t10 is the bulb or should be.
As far as changing them, ha limber up and become a contortionist! My polara sucked doing them.

what bulbs are needed and how do I access them to replace them.
Thanks again Gents
I've got a bit of a pictorial walk through on my page here: '66 Newport 2 Door hardtop

I'd suggest checking and/or replacing the fuel gauge voltage limiter while you have everything apart, as well as pulling the speedo cable out completely and giving it a thorough lube. Tough to get back in, but with persistence, it will slip back into it's home.

If your fuel and temp gauge are working fine then I would recommend leaving that system alone. The Chinese replacement parts aren’t better than the originals.

If your fuel and temp gauge are working fine then I would recommend leaving that system alone. The Chinese replacement parts aren’t better than the originals.
I agree, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. But there’s no harm in checking the functionality of that voltage limiter if you have everything apart, Just to verify it’s working.

If anybody is still watching this, I found that removing the front seat and laying on your back makes accessing under the dash easier. I did not have AC, so I did not have to remove the speedometer from the dash to just change the bulbs.

Back