1966 Polara 500 Convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.

superbee_68

Reaction score
Contact seller
1966 Polara 500 convertible, 383 four barrel, A/C, cruise, power steering, power brakes. The car has been stored for nearly 20 years now and was running and driving when parked. The car was painted before being put into storage. There are a few rust bubbles, the worst area being the front driver door corner. The floor pans and trunk pan are solid. Car is straight and only missing the air cleaner, rear bumper, and passenger side molding. I have a clear texas title. Asking $2,500 or make offer. PM me and I'll send you my phone number and email.

IMG_1915.jpg

IMG_1916.jpg

IMG_1917.jpg

IMG_1918.jpg

IMG_1919.jpg

IMG_1920.jpg

Last edited:
The dash pads in these cars always amaze me. Trashed vert top, trashed interior, and a pad that would clean up damn near like new.

That's a nice starting point,,my 67 polara 500 vert was only $500.00 and boy did I pay for it in the end,,my interrior was the same but the missing parts and a replacment rt rear qtr sent my budget in the toilet overnight,,there's a person here in AZ that advertises a 66 polara vert for twice as much and the same condition,,,but again it's in better shape than I got mine in,,,,lol I bought mine sight unseen from a newspaper add,,,,,,

Here are some updates. The motor turns over with the key. I put another set of wheels and tires on it so that it would roll. Most of the interior pieces that are missing from the pictures are in the trunk. I would be willing to bet if I poured gas down the carburetor it would fire up. I will be honest, I don't have a dry place to store this car so I really hope someone buys it soon. I am negotiable on the price and can help with delivery if you are fairly local. This car was inches from sinking into the dirt and sitting on the floor pans before I saved it. A few more years and the car would have been totally rotten on the underside. As it is now, the frame rails, floor pans, and trunk pan look amazing. The quarters and fenders also look great. Someone, buy this car and put it back on the road.

SOLD, sold it to a father and son who are going to restore it.

I told a number of people at Carlisle about FCBO. Most of them never heard of it. I hope they join us.

I'm the one who got it. We've already guted the interior, pulled the engine to rebuild it, and rebuilt the brakes from the pedal to new brake shoes an turned drums,

I'm the one who got it. We've already guted the interior, pulled the engine to rebuild it, and rebuilt the brakes from the pedal to new brake shoes an turned drums,

Congradulations and welcome to the site.
Looks like you got a great car...! Don't be afraid to ask for info or help... Lots of knowledge on tap here.

Take pictures as you go..... We love pictures.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back