For Sale 1966 pontiac time capsule......Wow!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

69monaco

Reaction score
Contact seller
$_59.jpg

Not mine!

Time Capsule 1966 Parisienne with 12,xxx Orig Miles | Classic Cars | Tricities/Pitt/Maple | Kijiji

A 283 and a powerglide? The U.S. Catalina came with a 389 and a Turbo-hydramatic. The fabric on the cloth seats is also different. It appears similar, but more modern to what was sold in 1966.

Last edited:
I had a '65 Bonneville at one time (389 w/TurboHydramatic), and this one looks "stubby" by comparison. Did these have the same wheelbase as Catalina/GP? Seems like a large car for a 283.

Just reminds me that I have a pic of my mother at 17 somewhere, sitting on the Hood of this model during a family trip to relatives in Canada in 1968. No, I am not gonna post it.

Last edited:
I had a '65 Bonneville at one time (389 w/TurboHydramatic), and this one looks "stubby" by comparison. Did these have the same wheelbase as Catalina/GP? Seems like a large car for a 283.
Shorter wheelbase and 283 was the base engine. Larger engines were available - all Chev based in Canada.

The 65 and 66 pontiac big car platform was the same body between the catalina, parissian, bonneville,ventura and 2+2.
The basic changes between the two years is the front grill. 65 is rounded and kinda dull and 66 is pointed and very "moving" in form. Some interior differences as well.

I've been a big pontiac car guy for years. I've got a 66 2+2 with a 421 big block pontiac. 389 was the baseline for American Pontiacs. 389 is a great running motor and will outlast most other motors be it gm, ford or mopar. I've had several.

I love big cruisers. That's why I joined here with the hopes of finding a 70 gt. Or maybe a polara or monaco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back