1966 Sport Fury 440 4 speed convertible ??

cambose

Reaction score
New guy here but I've been with Mopars since I bought a new 66 Sport Fury.

Recently I bought a 66 Sport Fury convertible, it is a red with red interior and a black top, it's a 440 4 speed car, it needs a lot of work but it is solid. There is a little rust in the driver side floor and the trunk floor. Are there new floors available? Did this car come with black carpet like BBody 4 speed cars? From what I have learned so far about this combination is that there were 55 4 speed verts with a 440 and 58 with automatic. All help from you will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, MO_PA aka Larry

You can buy the carpet on eBay. Yours was most likely black, but there were other colors. You can buy new floors from C2C, but they are scrap metal.

Missed the red interior. Red interior should have red carpet.

Here is some interior color info.

The 1970 Hamtramck Registry - 1966 Plymouth Color & Trim Book - Fury

I thing the carpet should be red too.

66 Fury.jpg

Last edited:
We don't care what the condition is, have you noticed we have 50 pages devoted to salvage yard pics???

Where are the 50 pages devoted to salvage yard pics? I'm having trouble making my way around at this site. And where are the parts for sale and wanted pages???
Thanks.

Where are the 50 pages devoted to salvage yard pics? I'm having trouble making my way around at this site. And where are the parts for sale and wanted pages???
Thanks.
Scroll down the home page to find categories for threads. There is also a search function in the top right corner.

This page from the parts manual may help. Looks like the carpet was color keyed to the interior trim. Column five is for convertibles. It also appears there is a typo? I presume it shoul read BR7 not BB7.

IMG_0139.JPG

Back