WANTED 1967 Brass Master Cylinder fitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOLDMYN

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi, I need to purchase the smaller brass fitting (nearest to firewall) that connects to the master cylinder in 1967 Chrysler. In my case disc brakes, not sure if drum are the same If you can help, please contact PM Thanks

DSC06727.JPG

Sorry, I must disagree, but that is a factory piece on 1967’s. you wouldn’t notice unless you were paring attention To 1967 cars. They are not an adapter, they are the same size on both ends. So this means when the master gets changed they get tossed. When you found a car that had not been messed with they were still on those type of cars.

Here is my collection of spares beside what’s on my cars. Pulled these at wrecking yards. What’s the chances that owners of 1967’s kept installing these on their cars?

F8CD7C00-5914-460E-AA71-1B1457D974F9.jpeg

Sorry, I must disagree, but that is a factory piece on 1967’s. you wouldn’t notice unless you were paring attention To 1967 cars. They are not an adapter, they are the same size on both ends. So this means when the master gets changed they get tossed. When you found a car that had not been messed with they were still on those type of cars.

Here is my collection of spares beside what’s on my cars. Pulled these at wrecking yards. What’s the chances that owners of 1967’s kept installing these on their cars?

View attachment 516518
Ahh.. Never owned a '67 so I'm ignorant of that.

Learn something new everyday!

My 67 Barracuda never had adapters, I still doubt the factory did.

Alan

Ok, looking at the parts book I see them, what was the purpose? adapting an inverted flare to something else?

Alan

My 1968 doesn't have these, just the regular adapter for the double flared lines. I also wonder what the purpose was? The OP said disc brakes so maybe it was disc specific? My 68 is all drums.

Is that the hold valve that keeps minimal pressure in the rear drums on a disk brake car?
No they are not. They are open inside. That valve you mention goes in the master cylinder. They use them on both connectons.

No they are not. They are open inside. That valve you mention goes in the master cylinder. They use them on both connectons.
Any chance they are there to keep the residual valves in place?

My '67 came with those although I didn't put them back on when restored. I still have them & thanks to this post they're going back in. There is evidence they put them in some later cars despite not being in the parts books. Appears they were used in Daytonas! Have a few pics of mine when it was taken apart in the late 90's, it was still running the original working MC back then, there was some black paint on the fittings so assume they were installed when the MC was painted. The bail was actually bailing wire but that might not be original LOL.
Original assy 1.jpg
Original assy 2.jpg
fitting 1.JPG
fitting 2.JPG

Not really related to the fittings, but I always wondered how different the actual brake hoses were compared from all drum to front disc/rear drum in terms of bends and angles. If you could just interchange them or not (I would figure it would be more likely they were bent manually for each car on the line, production tolerances and all that)...

Not really related to the fittings, but I always wondered how different the actual brake hoses were compared from all drum to front disc/rear drum in terms of bends and angles. If you could just interchange them or not (I would figure it would be more likely they were bent manually for each car on the line, production tolerances and all that)...
I do not see there being a difference, there is a fair amount of play in the lines and the fittings are the same. I recently converted my 67 Barracuda from drum to disc and used the same lines.
Even between power and non power I feel the same lines could be used.

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back