1967 Chrysler 300 Drop Top sees light of day after 17 years!

Wow, you have a highly optioned, very desireable 300. Keep us posted on all of the progress. Good luck.

4E2616C3-284C-4A53-893C-774404A79D02.jpeg
I always think..don’t just tell me, show it to me. Here is my ‘68 300, all original paint under the hood. I believe the black marks on the paint under the wiring are probably from acid from original unsealed batteries.
4E2616C3-284C-4A53-893C-774404A79D02.jpeg

F27345BB-0683-4DF9-BF6C-B7AF83FF7C67.jpeg

Last edited:
I scrapped a good number of slabs to build the Boab..
Here the left inner half is painted body color BUT I assume was painted ON the car based on the Black facing the firewall..
Outside half that bolts to wheel lip of fender is black..look vewy closely....heh heh heh..
FB_IMG_1607360375216.jpg

Here is another example..poor but makes a point.
The two halves...big inner, green body color.
Small outer that bolts to wheel lip although rusty shows hints of black or not painted at all!
FB_IMG_1607360969040.jpg

Thanks for all your comments on this. I have the answer, and it is that my description of this piece was somewhat convoluted. This is the thin shield that goes between the inner fender (engine compartment) and the tire and wheel assembly. I really do not know what the correct name for it is, splash guard ? My inner fenders (in the engine bay) are painted the same as the body color. These are black and will stay black. Thanks again!

If you are speaking of the splash guards they are black rubber and you can obtain them from Detroit Muscle Tech. If you need a photo I can take one, i replaced mine and they were a perfect fit from them.

Thanks for all your comments on this. I have the answer, and it is that my description of this piece was somewhat convoluted. This is the thin shield that goes between the inner fender (engine compartment) and the tire and wheel assembly. I really do not know what the correct name for it is, splash guard ? My inner fenders (in the engine bay) are painted the same as the body color. These are black and will stay black. Thanks again!

Your description was perfectly clear, especially with the photo you provided.

I'm not sure why some of us are having such a difficult time processing your request.

Jeff

If you are speaking of the splash guards they are black rubber and you can obtain them from Detroit Muscle Tech. If you need a photo I can take one, i replaced mine and they were a perfect fit from them.
Mine just showed up from DMT, they are nice, thanks, CG

Making some progress here on the 300. All new front end, complete suspension, brakes, u joints, shocks, rear end rebuilt,new shackles, rebuilt gas tank, sending unit, brake lines etc, trunk weather stripping, wheels blasted, primed and painted, engine compartment repainted, new power antenna, side marker lights, 727 has been completely upgraded, shift kit, new converter, rebuild done on power steering box, PS pump, PS booster, and 440 complete and starting again at 0 miles. Power train install next week. Did not use the original engine block for rebuild. I had a virgin 1970 block, 30 over, 10 on the crank, all balanced, cleavite bearings, upgraded cam, lifters, valves, springs, rockers, double roller, Melling hi volume oiling system, Stealth heads with a little port work, Edelbrock performer intake, new Holley 670 , original HP manifolds Kool coated with a little polishing. Install next week, going through some shitty wiring, ammeter bypass, etc. Not much for posting photos, but I liked this one.

440 Complete.JPG

Back