NOT MINE 1967 Chrysler Imperial Crown Coupe - $14,900 - Branch, Michigan

T-revorNobody

Reaction score
At the time of posting, this CL listing is 9 hours old.

1967 Chrysler Imperial Crown Coupe - $14,900 - Branch, Michigan

CL Description

The Imperial Crown was a motorcar of great distinction, massive front end styling, unique in every way
The interior is as sophisticated as its exterior. Genuine wood accents, elegantly walnut trim, sofa seating.
The front seats reminded me of a sectional sofa, a very rare luxury automotive car from Chrysler.
This Imperial is powered by a 7.2 liter wedge 440 V-8, rated at 350 hp
Mated to a 3 speed TorqueFlite A727 automatic transmission, top speed of 121 mph
I bought this car in Oregon, always stored
Please call for more info, or to set up an appointment
231- 613 - 0923
Thank you
Gerald
00B0B_9vhytpTATqRz_0ty0ma_1200x900.jpg
01212_1QE31ByLxz8z_0ty0ma_1200x900.jpg
00F0F_50ugqQsVmP7z_0ty0ma_1200x900.jpg
00x0x_4YDBjFfOInQz_0kT0fF_1200x900.jpg
00J0J_7prv9ZBO74Hz_0kT0fF_1200x900.jpg
00K0K_kuVItkZcaJ0z_0kT0fF_1200x900.jpg
00H0H_62BiG6wFwOVz_0kT0fF_1200x900.jpg
00j0j_3JJpQRAegVmz_0eL0b4_1200x900.jpg
00y0y_2lPoIaYdK0Zz_0ty0ma_1200x900.jpg
00303_1dpwBDrG3fsz_0kT0fF_1200x900.jpg

The gold looks nice and the green looks nice but NEVER together, I couldn’t do it. Condition does look good and the price is fair though.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJBcM5FaHyhh9KEbo8IeCrnI_yTaJAZ62pzg&usqp=CAU.jpg

I am perpetually "neutral" on this ... to this extent.

lotsa green/gold option mixes in this era from all the big three. in their defense, they offered what "clinic-ed" (as "primitive" as that tool was back then) a sufficient buyer preference. dunno if this combination was truly "popular" back then.

had I been a buyer then and not in elementary school, i would not have picked that color combo .. but my Dad did go with a yellow exterior/green interior in a his (used) '65 Coupe Deville (in 1967) so he might have given the choice on this Imp.

that all said, i agree with Matt as not-my-choice but fair price range to start a discussion. I would however consider the combination as perfect for the era and accept it for its factory offering "survivor" originality if I were a buyer today.

Manual AC, nice! I'd rock that but I like odd combos. It wouldn't be my first choice though. As Don "Magic" Juan says, "Gold is for the honeys and green is for the money."

R.jpeg

Color choice aside, the smell of mothballs is a deal breaker..you will never get that smell out.
See tray on frt.passenger floor..Also whats up with the boxes on driver's floor?

He’s obviously blocking things he doesn’t want seen in the ad. The boxes and the seat folded forward masking the blown open seams in the seat.

I respectfully disagree. I suspect that @saforwardlook is in my camp :)

Well, not quite......................

I actually have a 1969 Town & Country wagon that is gold exterior completely with a green interior. When I first saw the wagon, I said to myself that combo doesn't look good but then after looking at it a while, I ended up buying it and I now like it a lot. I ended up almost completely restoring it even with a new cloth headliner conversion. The interior is immaculate now. It has 41K miles on it and I left the original paint on it. I need to take some photos of that car soon, but initial impressions do change is my experience.

Last edited:
I had a 63 Fleetwood with bad moth ball smell. I was able to lessen the smell almost completely with an ozone generator. Threw in a green tree car fresheners and it was good to go.

You could get whatever color combo you wanted - IF you were willing to pay up! A perfect example is when I was working as a lot porter at a Buick dealership in 1978. A woman came in and wanted a very specific combo that wasn't available on ANY Buick - either red leather interior with dark green metallic paint, or green leather and red metallic paint. Yup, she owned a Christmas store and she was really into that whole thing, year-round! The sales manager ended up one-on-one with her to try to work a deal. She knew precisely what she wanted. After some time, the GM called Buick directly and inquired "could this be built?" as both colors were available in 1978 in both interior and exterior desires...just not red/green together! The factory guy told the GM that they'd build the car as wanted, but strongly recommended the dealer get as much $$$ upfront before the order would proceed. This was a combination wanted perhaps only by the customer and maybe Santa himself! The estimated time of delivery was put at two months. The customer was happy as can be, put a large deposit on the car, and waited.

I could just imagine the assembly line workers double- and triple-checking the build sheet as this came down the line! Red, yup. Green, yup. Special order? Yup. OK, then! Less than 30 days later, the car came in! A beautiful dark metallic green with red leather interior. Guaranteed one-of-one. It was a remarkably attractive car. A Riviera with the wire wheelcovers, and just about everything available on a Riv then. She paid cash for it, too. She was very proud of her new Riviera! Dealer was happy. Customer was happy. That's all that mattered.

Last edited:
You could get whatever color combo you wanted - IF you were willing to pay up! A perfect example is when I was working as a lot porter at a Buick dealership in 1978. A woman came in and wanted a very specific combo that wasn't available on ANY Buick - either red leather interior with dark green metallic paint, or green leather and red metallic paint. Yup, she owned a Christmas store and she was really into that whole thing, year-round! The sales manager ended up one-on-one with her to try to work a deal. She knew precisely what she wanted. After some time, the GM called Buick directly and inquired "could this be built?" as both colors were available in 1978 in both interior and exterior desires...just not red/green together! The factory guy told the GM that they'd build the car as wanted, but strongly recommended the dealer get as much $$$ upfront before the order would proceed. This was a combination wanted perhaps only by the customer and maybe Santa himself! The estimated time of delivery was put at two months. The customer was happy as can be, put a large deposit on the car, and waited.

I could just imagine the assembly line workers double- and triple-checking the build sheet as this came down the line! Red, yup. Green, yup. Special order? Yup. OK, then! Less than 30 days later, the car came in! A beautiful dark metallic green with red leather interior. Guaranteed one-of-one. It was a remarkably attractive car. A Riviera with the wire wheelcovers, and just about everything available on a Riv then. She paid cash for it, too. She was very proud of her new Riviera! Dealer was happy. Customer was happy. That's all that mattered.

That wasn't the only one for GM in '78.

The 1978 LeMans off in the distance was most likely a factory blunder. It was on the lot of our local Pontiac dealership, brand new in 1978, in light green metallic with a bright red vinyl interior. The selling price was deeply discounted off of list in order to tempt someone to take it off their hands. The guy across the street bought it strictly for the bargain price, and he really didn't give a rip about the odd color combination. He owned it for quite a while, maybe 10 years or so.

78 lemans.JPG

Jeff

I respectfully disagree. I suspect that @saforwardlook is in my camp :)

It's funny that at the start of 1967 Chrysler didn't even offer the choice of a green interior in the Imperial, New Yorker, or 300. Part way thru '67, green interiors were back for the Imperial, and by '68, green interiors were everywhere. Green with gold and green with yellow were very commonly seen. In '69 green interiors were approved by Chrysler to be paired with colors that they had no business being paired with, like bronze. Then in 1970, green and yellow were suddenly frowned upon by the Chrysler color wizards.

A friend of mine has a 1970 Chrysler 300 convertible that's yellow with a green interior. The original owner deviated from Chrysler's approved combinations when he ordered the car. I think he traded in a '68 Chrysler on the '70, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was yellow and green too. I've been meaning to add it to the "last of the convertibles" thread, but just haven't gotten around to it.

Jeff

It's funny that at the start of 1967 Chrysler didn't even offer the choice of a green interior in the Imperial, New Yorker, or 300. Part way thru '67, green interiors were back for the Imperial, and by '68, green interiors were everywhere. Green with gold and green with yellow were very commonly seen. In '69 green interiors were approved by Chrysler to be paired with colors that they had no business being paired with, like bronze. Then in 1970, green and yellow were suddenly frowned upon by the Chrysler color wizards.

A friend of mine has a 1970 Chrysler 300 convertible that's yellow with a green interior. The original owner deviated from Chrysler's approved combinations when he ordered the car. I think he traded in a '68 Chrysler on the '70, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was yellow and green too. I've been meaning to add it to the "last of the convertibles" thread, but just haven't gotten around to it.

Jeff
It’s not currently with me but I’m 99% sure that my color and trim selector printed pre production for the ‘67 model year is not short on green interior options….

It’s not currently with me but I’m 99% sure that my color and trim selector printed pre production for the ‘67 model year is not short on green interior options….

I just double checked mine, and the only green interior option in the Chrysler trim book is for the Newport Custom.

I don't have an Imperial book though, so I could be wrong on Imperial, but there is no sign of a green interior in the sales brochure. It seems like there's usually at least one car in every sales brochure with a green interior when it's available.

Jeff

Somehow I missed this listing before...... back in the 90's I looked at/test drove a '67 Crown 4-door hardtop with this same gold ext./green interior, and I liked it. This hardtop did NOT have a vinyl top, which somehow made the whole combo. work better. I ultimately passed as it was a high mileage car, but remember it as an interesting, and very 60's combination of two then-popular colors.

Back