1967 Chrysler T&C

Usually, at here in Mi., a legally parked hit car is considered private property damage as oppossed to a traffic accident. Other driver should be 100% liable whether you have inserance or not. Been there.

Usually, at here in Mi., a legally parked hit car is considered private property damage as oppossed to a traffic accident. Other driver should be 100% liable whether you have inserance or not. Been there.
Sorry guys but I think you are incorrect about the insurance. The hit and run drivers insurance company might give you the NADA book value of the car, which is probably around $250. You should have had your own antique auto insurance with an agreed value, and they would have to pay you that much in full. Antique auto insurance is a great way to protect your investment for very little money. Sorry

This is hard to look at, sorry man.

Sorry guys but I think you are incorrect about the insurance. The hit and run drivers insurance company might give you the NADA book value of the car, which is probably around $250. You should have had your own antique auto insurance with an agreed value, and they would have to pay you that much in full. Antique auto insurance is a great way to protect your investment for very little money. Sorry

I wish them luck with that. They have to make him whole again. That means another wagon in like condition in the driveway or a big enough check to to put one there, OR put the bent one back in prebent condition.

None of that is happening for $250.

$10K or less makes this go away for the hit and run driver and his ins company.

If it was in your driveway when it was hit, check with your house insurance. Your dad's car in your driveway might kick in your liability policy and your insurance company can chase the other guy.

Kevin

Yep, pre existing damage, not a 100 point resto, if it's not registered and insured you will be lucky to get enough money for a case of beer or bottle of booze to drowned your sorrows in. Been there, yes State Farm still owes me a pick up truck. Even with collector insurance they are going to make you jump through hoops as to why it was not in locked garage. Sorry for your loss.

A collector car appraiser might be of help. Even with classic car insurance you usually need to provide pics and an appraisal to justify a decent coverage amount. I'd bet Hagerty would have a hard time insuring this car for much over a grand.
Man, i hate to see those pics.

NADA low retail with factory A/C is $9,185.

Never got better insurance on it because it had been at az friends place for the past 4 years just sitting. Was something we were going to get around to but just never did.

I'm confused, how did any modern car hit your wagon that hard and still be able to "run"? I assume they got the guy?

Back