WANTED 1967 Dodge Polara 2 dr Hardtop 4 speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Reaction score
Contact seller
Thank you for adding me to the group. I know it's a long shot but looking to purchase a 1967 Dodge Polara 2 dr Hardtop with 4 speed transmission preferably in Canada. I know one was listed back in August of 2019 in St-Albert, Ontario. If anybody has any leads please feel free to PM me. Thank you in advance.

If it was a blue one with white roof and interior it was for sale in Edmonton.
Car is now in Europe.

I only able to see the inside of the trunk and the interior. From the pics the car was blue with a black interior. It's the one that had the ashtray full of cigarettes on the console.

I bought that car , it is blue/white.......bought it in Edmonton.

upload_2021-6-28_19-27-29.jpeg

Ok not sure why the Kijiji add said St-Albert. So now it resides in Europe. Based on your research have you ever encountered any other examples like this in Canada ?

No , and it was a Californian car and lived about 8 years in Canada.
There was a burgundy 68 monaco 4 speed for sale in New Mexico some years ago and there,s a convertible 4spd here at the forum from a member.
There is also a member here who ownes a 67 or 68 4speed but the roof was hit by a tree.......don,t know if he allready fixed it....

Thank you for the information. I'll try and look up the one with the damaged roof. How long ago was that ?

Just a suggestion, I understand and support your passion, (I'm a fan of the 3rd pedal also), you may want to broaden, not necessarily lower your search. The reality is the % of C bodies with manuals are low, 4 speeds lower yet. Good luck though!

Just a suggestion, I understand and support your passion, (I'm a fan of the 3rd pedal also), you may want to broaden, not necessarily lower your search. The reality is the % of C bodies with manuals are low, 4 speeds lower yet. Good luck though!
But if you want a certain car, you go for that.
I started thinking about a Plymouth, but I'm glad I didn't, and got my Dodge 4 speed.

I couldn’t agree more. I have access to a clean 67 2 door HT with an automatic. Is the tunnel for the transmission have a knock out plate to convert it to a three or four speed ? The balance of the threaded holes already there if I need to install Pedals, linkage cross member etc…?

I couldn’t agree more. I have access to a clean 67 2 door HT with an automatic. Is the tunnel for the transmission have a knock out plate to convert it to a three or four speed ? The balance of the threaded holes already there if I need to install Pedals, linkage cross member etc…?
The hump for the manual needs to be taken from a donor. A member has been trying to make them, but keeps getting pushed back y the stamping company. Pedal mounting I think is the same between auto and manual, just the pedal assembly is different. Linkage also would be needed to be sourced from a donor or someone with a set for sale.

What donor cars would qualify to get all the correct parts in order to do this conversion excluding the Polara ?

As far as specific differences between years, others here will have more knowledge than I do. When I was looking into converting mine to power brakes I found that the placement of the brake pedal pivot points are different, set up for more leverage for manual brakes. You could use the manual set up with power brakes but the power set up with manual would be a problem. The parts are out there, and do come up for sale occasionally and this site is a great resource for them as well as knowledge. Like I said, there weren't that many stick C's to begin with. Jump on the first set you can find. This from my research. Manual on left, power on right.

View attachment 469834
Four speed pedals, Power.jpg

Four speed pedals, manual.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back