1967 Dodge Polara 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDR529

Reaction score
Contact seller
**Not Mine**
Rare 1967 Mopar 2 door- Dodge Polara 500 with original 383 big block and automatic 727 transmission with floor shifter. This vehicle is all original with factory air conditioning and new black interior with bucket seats. This mopar is a beautiful dark green (GG1) and it just needs new paint. It has some minor rust by the rear window. Comes with the original build sheet and has a clean title (not salvaged). This vehicle is not perfect that's why the price is $6,000.
3F93L73H55Ib5K15Mfcao49df4761a84d1383.jpg
3Ge3F33l85N65Ic5Kacaocb7e2d7badbf11ed.jpg
3Ka3F13L85Ka5J75Mdcaoe89b8a0a981e173a.jpg
Nice looking Polara, but 6,000 with rust issues?

3F93L73H55Ib5K15Mfcao49df4761a84d1383.jpg

3Ge3F33l85N65Ic5Kacaocb7e2d7badbf11ed.jpg

3Ka3F13L85Ka5J75Mdcaoe89b8a0a981e173a.jpg

Nice Polara 500. Too bad there wasn't better pictures.

Yeah I like this one too in spite of the green.

I'd like to see the extent of the "minor rust" by the rear window, potential issues there....and what is called a "minor" issue on the CL ad is in reality a sizable problem when you go see the car in person.

Hey, BD. Give me a link to that car. I want to follow up on it.

Fast top? Check
No vinyl? Check
BB? Check
Factory A/C? Check

:eek:s_dancing2:

Thanks. Just called him (despite it being L.A. :rant: ) and talked to him.
He's clueless about the car (has had it for 6 mo.) and I asked for more pictures without the BLUE tint and he said what blue tint? :BangHead:
I explained how to adjust for it and it went right over his head so I'm starting off with bad vibes already.
I'll wait for the pics before thinking about where to go on this...

OH! And there's rust. The more you press him on specific areas, the more he says "Umm.. yah I tink deres a leetle there"
Ohhhh - kaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Last edited:
Well he was quick to send me pics as he said he would.

Still cant take pics for squat.

All the pics showed a great looking survivor but three pics were puzzling.
How does a trunk (as well of the rest of the car) look this good and the Dutchman panel and trunk lid be so bad??

izywig.jpg

kdpp4l.jpg

35ku0bc.jpg

Also asked him to look at the pic he posted on CL and what was going on with the right C-piller. He said he didn't see anything...

egs944.jpg

Without a personal inspection which is impossible, this ain't going anywhere.
The car is not that valuable where it's feasible to hire an appraiser...

Last edited:
The trunk has been sprayed over I'd say but seems to be solid, you see the welding spots clearly for example. As long as the trunk has no water leakin in it's possible, other explanation would be some old collission repair that wasn't done too well you often see rust in the seams or along the spot weld areas, but not to tell by the pics.

It has been sprayed, I'd like to see the underside, it doesnt look replaced to you?

Looks like some sprayed over rust around the spare tire area.

All the pics showed a great looking survivor but three pics were puzzling.
How does a trunk (as well of the rest of the car) look this good and the Dutchman panel and trunk lid be so bad??

kdpp4l.jpg

The '67s had flow through ventilation with a screen for a package tray. The water that would go through the perforated dutchman panel would just run through like any rain would, through 2 tubes that go through the trunk area by the inner wheel wells, draining above the differential.

The big lifted areas are that bad because someone did a bad previous repair of something much smaller. the large chunks that you see are plastic, and the big areas of exposed bare metal are because they used poor or no sealer when they did the last repair.

The deck lid, could have been a mouse pi$$ing there, or it could be due to the area that it spent it's life, with high humidity and having condensation hang on the under side of things... this is typical of vehicles that you find in the southeast.

I don't think we've seen a "good car" yet that the pictures were tinted blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back