Status
Not open for further replies.

Imperial One

Reaction score
Contact seller
OK I am cheating here: two ways (so MODS, please move if you like):

1. I am not selling this, I am GIVING IT AWAY
2. It's not a car, it's a promo model.

This is the story. My friend John's dad was an executive at Chrysler Credit in Detroit in the 1960's. He regales us with stories of growing up in Detroit (before moving to Toronto in the early 1970's, where John's dad took a job at Travelers Insurance). He talks about his dad bringing home cars from the executive pool, including a 1970 Superbee that John's mom was quite taken with. John's dad had no interest in muscle cars. He was an accountant: that just about says it all.

A couple years ago John gave this to me. It was a dealer promo model from 1967. He knew I was an Imperial fan and thought I should have it. But I'd really like to give it away.

So here is the deal:

1. I will give it away. I'd like to be reimbursed for postage. Since this is coming from Canada that will probably cost the bulk of $30.
2. I want to give it to the Member here who has the closest thing to this model. If there are no two door owners, then on to the 1967 four door owners.
3. I do need to get John to bless this (which I do not expect to be any issue).

If you want this reply in the comments with a photo of your car.

20230222_220021.jpg

20230222_220032.jpg

20230222_220046.jpg

20230222_220055.jpg

20230222_220105.jpg

20230222_220126.jpg

I have checked this carefully with a magnet and a paint thickness gauge and can certify that there is no bondo in it, that it has never been in an accident, and that it still has its original paint. It has always been kept in a climate controlled environment. Never seen rain or snow. As a two owner car it is just about as good as it gets.

Last edited:
That's a very generous offer. As a 1967 Crown Coupe owner and collector of 1/25 scale models, I'll have to put myself on the list.

67 Crown CP 2.JPG

Jeff

That is a very generous offer and I’d be excited to take you up on it. I currently own these two ‘67 Coupes and coincidentally my dad retired from Chrysler Financial in around ‘89 and started with them in ‘64.
1A95138F-9B28-47C3-BC1A-DD522BF36F43.jpeg
E20429B0-CC65-424B-8ECB-6DAB704C0D75.jpeg

It would also go nicely next to my ‘68 promo…
3A281541-BB95-46EF-BEA3-96F7D925FE85.jpeg

Does the ATC work on that one, Matt? Send that bad boy down here so I can dream until I have time to finish my real one.
I’m not going to enable you, just get yours done.:lol:

That is a very generous offer and I’d be excited to take you up on it. I currently own these two ‘67 Coupes and coincidentally my dad retired from Chrysler Financial in around ‘89 and started with them in ‘64.
View attachment 583604View attachment 583605
Is the pic of the silver car in Saratoga CA? Looks like a familiar place but not sure. Great photo!

Contest is over! We have a winner: detmatt

Matt displayed his prowess in "pick a number between 1 and 1,000" and came up the lucky one.

Big yellow will be joining Big red in his collection of promo models.

Thanks for "playing" Jeff. Sorry I didn't have two to give away.

Is the pic of the silver car in Saratoga CA? Looks like a familiar place but not sure. Great photo!
Thanks but no, that’s in the Detroit area, Bloomfield Hills to be more specific, at the Cranbrook art museum. Ever since the ‘50s that fountain was the backdrop for many Imperial ads.

Contest is over! We have a winner: detmatt

Matt displayed his prowess in "pick a number between 1 and 1,000" and came up the lucky one.

Big yellow will be joining Big red in his collection of promo models.

Thanks for "playing" Jeff. Sorry I didn't have two to give away.
I’m very excited about this and equally grateful!:thumbsup:

OK I am cheating here: two ways (so MODS, please move if you like):

1. I am not selling this, I am GIVING IT AWAY
2. It's not a car, it's a promo model.

This is the story. My friend John's dad was an executive at Chrysler Credit in Detroit in the 1960's. He regales us with stories of growing up in Detroit (before moving to Toronto in the early 1970's, where John's dad took a job at Travelers Insurance). He talks about his dad bringing home cars from the executive pool, including a 1970 Superbee that John's mom was quite taken with. John's dad had no interest in muscle cars. He was an accountant: that just about says it all.

A couple years ago John gave this to me. It was a dealer promo model from 1967. He knew I was an Imperial fan and thought I should have it. But I'd really like to give it away.

So here is the deal:

1. I will give it away. I'd like to be reimbursed for postage. Since this is coming from Canada that will probably cost the bulk of $30.
2. I want to give it to the Member here who has the closest thing to this model. If there are no two door owners, then on to the 1967 four door owners.
3. I do need to get John to bless this (which I do not expect to be any issue).

If you want this reply in the comments with a photo of your car.

View attachment 583551

View attachment 583552

View attachment 583553

View attachment 583554

View attachment 583555

View attachment 583556

I have checked this carefully with a magnet and a paint thickness gauge and can certify that there is no bondo in it, that it has never been in an accident, and that it still has its original paint. It has always been kept in a climate controlled environment. Never seen rain or snow. As a two owner car it is just about as good as it gets.
I have one of those that I got from my grandfather's dealership when they first came out. Unfortunately, my driver side a pillar was broken in original shipping but I still loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back