NOT MINE 1967 Monaco convertible $5000 CDN

1704479803597.png

~$3750 USD.

A couple things bother me.... A picture from the passenger seat of another car and then pictures of it in the rain in a parking lot. The car was moved to a grassy area with a "for sale" sign on it, so why weren't pictures taken then? No interior or underhood pics either. 273 engine? Unknown mileage? And the price is just a tad too low.

It may all be completely innocent... I wouldn't put a dime on it until I (or someone I trust) has seen the car.

~$3750 USD.

A couple things bother me.... A picture from the passenger seat of another car and then pictures of it in the rain in a parking lot. The car was moved to a grassy area with a "for sale" sign on it, so why weren't pictures taken then? No interior or underhood pics either. 273 engine? Unknown mileage? And the price is just a tad too low.

It may all be completely innocent... I wouldn't put a dime on it until I (or someone I trust) has seen the car.
She originally only had the 1 drive by photo, I asked if she had more , what engine and if it runs, drives and stops. This would be out Ross Woolridge's way.

~$3750 USD.

Apparently the 273 came out of a Dart and it's on the road, I've asked more questions, we'll see! Could be a disgruntled X.

I can help with looking. PM me.

Canadian only Monaco convertible. If it's a 273, it's because it had the small block LA 318 swapped out, or it's a misidentification, although, it looks like it has 383 emblems on the front. LA 318 was the base V8 (and yes, I believe a slanty was available in Canada).

EDIT - 68 was the first year for the LA 318 in Canada - 67s still used the Polysphere.

Those are all summer or fall pictures, and it looks like the roof was vandalized, as it seems complete in the other pics. Sad.

EXTRA EDIT - what looks like the roof is bad in the 3rd pic I think is instead it's just wet from rain, and is a reflection of the buildings etc.

Price is right if it's a typical rusty underneath Ontario car. Best to look at it.

Last edited:

Description​

1967 Dodge Monoco convertible
Mileage is unknown at this time.
Sold as is.
No trades.
PRICE IS FIRM
Engine is a 273 and runs
To be sold as is.
Call 519-757-5873 if interested
New brakes
1704501384896.png

1704501397472.png

1704501439439.png

1704501465880.png

Last edited:
The license plate on the car is (still) currently registered to a gold 1967 dodge. It's possible that someone bought the car and is now trying to flip it, they technically haven't registered it with the MTO but this happens a lot with older used cars. The plate comes off the car and stays with the current owner. Any Ontarian who buys this car will have to obtain an appraisal and submit that form, along with a UVIP, when they register the sale and put the car in their name (which technically has to happen within 6 days of the sale).

Ross - you're only 20 km away (from Brantford, where this car is?) - why don't you just go and get a few pics of the interior, engine and fender tag?

Very suspicious that these photos are all taken from the street or the outside, as if taken by someone who passes by the car and doesn't own it but knows it's for sale. I can buy the UVIP and within 5 days when it gets mailed to me I'll know who the car is technically registered to (if indeed they still own it).

Last edited:
Mopar~Man said "Ross - you're only 20 km away (from Brantford, where this car is?) - why don't you just go and get a few pics of the interior, engine and fender tag?"

We'll see - I have some running around in that area Monday or Tuesday, so I'll try to set something up.

Like I say 2 weeks ago it was up for $10,000, so if it's real / ligit.....they are motivated.
I got a kijiji notification (email) for this car yesterday or the day before. If they had it on kijiji 2 weeks ago under a different ad, then for some reason I never got a notification for it.

I got a kijiji notification (email) for this car yesterday or the day before. If they had it on kijiji 2 weeks ago under a different ad, then for some reason I never got a notification for it.
It was there, you may have had it filtered, price maybe? I spend way too much time on Kijiji, lurking and searching.
It had 1 pic and very little info $10,000, the kind you skim past with the suspicious drive by photo.
Heavy car for a / six.

~$3750 USD.

I have the ownership. The first picture was taken when we were looking to buy the car, the others are taken in the parking lot of the apartment building i live in. I have more pics that i will post asap. but i will not post VIN# I had it posted for 10,000 but i have a grandson that needs dental work and my son doesn't have the funds so we have to do a quick sell. I have had an appraisal done when i bought it and is currently insured through Haggerty.

273 was the engine that was in the Monaco when i bought it 5 years ago
It had around 44,000 miles on it

It had around 44,000 miles on it
Can you post the VIN number?
Or a photo of the fender tag?

Back