1967 Newport Padded Dash Restoration

I am not aware of any on the east coast. I used Just Dashes out of California about 15 years ago. It was 3 pieces for my’68 Polara. One large upper and the two smaller lower pads. I believe even back then it was around $1200, but a perfect match with color and grains.

If I was to do another car (with limited end value) I would actually try to do some sculpting and repair myself, mainly for the challenge.
Learning foam sculpting and using big vacuum bags in a hot garage could possibly do it.

This should be the page with before and after from Just Dashes

68 Polara restore back on

Last edited:
As relatively simple as that Chrysler pad tends to be, possibly some expandable vinyl to recover what's there might work? After the under-items are filled in and smoothed out. A few YouTube videos on that.

FWIW,
CBODY67

Had mine done 30 years ago by a "reputable" dash restorer; not so good! Checked around with "reputable" national dash restorers for the re-restoration I am currently doing and it would cost a fortune and long lead times. SOOOO, I had a local upholstery professional, ask around, redo my my dash after ordering vinyl from Legendary that matched the new seats I purchased them. It looks GREAT and was done at a reasonable price. Check around locally and you might be pleasantly surprised!

Had mine done 30 years ago by a "reputable" dash restorer; not so good! Checked around with "reputable" national dash restorers for the re-restoration I am currently doing and it would cost a fortune and long lead times. SOOOO, I had a local upholstery professional, ask around, redo my my dash after ordering vinyl from Legendary that matched the new seats I purchased them. It looks GREAT and was done at a reasonable price. Check around locally and you might be pleasantly surprised!
Could you post a picture or two? Thanks. Lindsay

Could you post a picture or two? Thanks. Lindsay
Here are some pictures. Ignore the red dash. It is an a/c dash I acquired since I am going to install so it will be painted the original light blue. The padded dash is actually dark metallic blue but looks black. The trick was preparing the old which left intact but filled and sanded. As I said, I purchased a couple of yards from Legendary when I purchased the seat covers. When he attached it to the dash, he used heat and a lot of elbow grease and it turned out great and a lot more reasonable as to price. Just Dashes did it for me 30 years ago and on a scale of 1-10, it was about a 6-7; major wrinkles. Again, check around locally.

C12D39B4-4970-4D3D-BC41-B3B5EF5C80EA.jpeg

624AB9E4-450C-43E0-8AC3-01C8DD45027F.jpeg

Last edited:
I checked ABCMoparts but they don't seem to do 67 or 68 dashes yet. They are much cheaper the JustDashes and do nice work IMO. He is at Carlisle every year if that helps. Most of his pads are out of stock but if you send him your old one, he will recover for dashes he does. If you talk to him he MAY do yours so he can start selling them also. Just a thought if you dont want to take on the challenge of doing it yourself.

Back