1967 Plymouth Fury 3 Hardtop

I don't remember the last time i was this excited!! Getn closer everyday. I did unfortunately figure out that neither set of headers that I have are going to work so I guess I'm in the market for some manifolds !

image.jpg

I like the idea of a black intake manifold. They discolour after a while anyway. It's all looking good. Are you looking for HP or standard manifolds?

Thanks! Im doing the water pump black too.I'd prefer the HP. But I'd probly settle for standard at this point. I'm looking to be on the road early June at the latest.

Getting very excited gentlemen! Trans is in! On one hand it doesn't seem like a lot left....on the other it does! That fn cross member fought me all the way but I won!

image.jpg

Yep. That's what it is rightly called.
EFN Crossmember.

People don't realize it's not a transmission mount.
It's a structual brace between the the two sides of Stub Frame that the tranny sits on.

Yep. That's what it is rightly called.
EFN Crossmember.

People don't realize it's not a transmission mount.
It's a structual brace between the the two sides of Stub Frame that the tranny sits on.
That would explain why the bolt wholes where off just enough to not thread in. A little jack manipulation worked wonders......wonder if I tweeked anything?

So for future reference , should I not unbolt cross member when removing the trans? Just unbolt the mount and wrestle it or....?

Well the trans is baaack in. And the flex plate lined up!!yay:eek:s_dancing2:I did use a trick I learned for track bar adjustments on front solid axle jeeps using a ratchet strap. It helped quit a bit with getting the cross member bolt holes lined up. I attached it to the stub frame next to the torsion bar on one end, on the other end I attached it to the opposite side of the cross member. Ratcheted it until that side was lined up, then snugged my bolts on that side, then switched the strap to the opposite side of the stub frame and the opposite side of the cross member. Like butter is I can say!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nice car. I had a '67 New Yorker with a factory 440 and loved it. How big a place is Flint? I was in the USAF in '73 with a guy from Flint.

Nice car. I had a '67 New Yorker with a factory 440 and loved it. How big a place is Flint? I was in the USAF in '73 with a guy from Flint.
The city is about 34 square miles. Population hovers around 100k. At its peak there was around 300k residents. Now it's a big crap hole!

You are doing some great work Man I cant wait to see this car done the anticipation is killing me lol, You said you are going with 18 Inch wheels?

You are doing some great work Man I cant wait to see this car done the anticipation is killing me lol, You said you are going with 18 Inch wheels?
I want the Detroit steel wheel 18x8's. Not gonna be able to get those on this year tho. The goal for this year is running and driving. I might end up putting the interceptor wheels and poverty caps on for a while.

Those are the ones. I need to come up with another fury stub frame. That way I can work out the suspension and wheel offset while keeping my car on the road.

Back