WANTED 1968 383 ac delete pulley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggredd2069

Reaction score
Contact seller
Blew a gasket and having to pull apart my engine. Didn't realize how heavy this compressor is not being used. Was keeping it in their in case I decide to repair it ever. In the meantime I just want it out. Looking for an ac delete pulley for my 68 Chrysler Newport 383.

I really have no idea what I'm talking about. Is there not a pulley bracket that can go on that spot without ac?

I really have no idea what I'm talking about. Is there not a pulley bracket that can go on that spot without ac?
The factory setup for non AC cars used different pulleys, only need two belts vs four with AC.

Can I keep my 4 belts that I have now and just have a simple pulley there ?
Sure, if you can fab one up. I'm not aware of one that is made, but there may be something out there. I have to dig through my parts to find a combo that worked when I converted a car over. Maybe someone is selling a set. Check out FABO as they have more members selling parts, and they have big block stuff too.

Unl7ke cars of the 80's and 90's you cannot just order a pulley and bracket to delete the compresor.
Chrysler engineered the belts and pulleyes differently bwtween A/C and non A/C cars.
As mentioned, you will need pulleys,belts and brackets from a non-a/c car.
More trouble than its worth if you are planniing to get the a/c working in the future.
Jam the compressor back on make sure it has oil in it. I know it is a heavy dead weight but at least you can continue to use your existing belts and pulleys .
Hope this helps

Really it’s just a matter of getting non ac alternator brackets and water pump pulley. I’d lose the ac compressor too if it were me.
I probably have everything you need for it if it’s the same for 440.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back