For Sale 1968 440 Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

TX67FURY

Reaction score
Contact seller
I have a 68 440 I tore down to send the block to the machinist. Not going to use anything else off of it. Oil pan and pick up are already sold. Has 906 heads, original 4 barrel intake, valve covers, crank, cam, main caps, water pump, exhaust manifolds (non hp), etc.
If you need anything specific shoot me a message, and we can talk about price.

FD428043-A3DE-4ADA-B5A0-4301ED30CE66.jpg

DFB3C8E8-FDD6-478B-B87B-CF0743C6FA16.jpg

DF0B0898-6E4B-428A-99A2-D442AA0D49C5.jpg

08E6CDEA-030D-485C-A6C1-211F27F84B59.jpg

I’ve not done research so I don’t know but how could you improve upon the original main caps for any application???

I’ve not done research so I don’t know but how could you improve upon the original main caps for any application???
Billet steel and aluminum are the most common upgrade. Cross bolting your mains is another way, but the additional cost of machine work, coupled with the fact that you have to put a few holes in the wall of your block makes most hesitant to go that route. Add a girdle and you have a rock solid bottom end to prevent cap walk on a high HP motor.

I would think that with the extended skirt casting design that fully surrounds the crankshaft and mains would make that rotating assembly practically bulletproof in the OEM configuration.

How much HP and how many rpms are you talking?

I get you but that stock configuration is more than capable of handling that.

I believe when you cross above 750/800 horsepower is wherr the mains walk and then crack the webbing above. Number 4 is the usual suspect. In today's market if those 750/800, and above are the horse power number your after you would be better off with a aftermarket block. At 550-600 I would stud the stock mains and maybe a girdle. But hey it's your money and if you where not so damn far away I would shoot you a offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back