1968 Chrysler New Yorker purchase

Well, I installed the seat and it worked flawless, I was lucky, only took getting the star control repaired. on another note, I installed new points and there again lucky, checked my dwell and spot on @ 29 degrees. I did cheat, instead of looking for NOS windshield wipers, I painted the anco frame silver, only a good eye will tell the difference. I have to watch my dollars. I took the car over to a body shop for repairs and first thing the guy said "Boy, that's a big old girl". anyway, yes, he'll do the repairs when he gets an opening, booked solid till the fall. oh well. drive it like it is.

DSC06860.JPG

DSC06857.JPG

DSC06339.JPG

your getting a lot done, just to let you and the guys know trico makes a classic arm and blade 33-183 got mine from napa 10.00 each, rock auto 8.75 plus shipping too.

Last edited:
finally gone although we had flurries this past week, been a cold ,windy, cloudy spring

just the front of the fender was dented, the rest of it was fine. plus the crease down the remainder

DSC07097.JPG

DSC07096.JPG

DSC07095.JPG

Some good work Mike, all straightened out. Love the triple black. That car has to be super rare with the options it has. I heard some news last week on your former '65 Dodge, sort of good / bad. Won't divulge unless you want to know.

John, not really, I sold a good car for reasonable price, I have clear conscious. I would point out to the Forum readers that the car was sold a year ago and at that time, everyone was as happy as a pig in mud. Thanks for compliments on the 68

Last edited:
John, not really, I sold a good car for reasonable price, I have clear conscious. I would point out to the Forum readers that the car was sold a year ago and at that time, everyone was as happy as a pig in mud. Thanks for compliments on the 68
What I heard was nothing like that, the car met all expectations in spades. It was over-the-top good.

busy during the winter. I've gotten all my power windows to work, sent the leaking power steering pump out for rebuild and I removed the AC plumbing for a much cleaner look (can be reinstalled in minutes)

DSC07273.JPG

DSC07253.JPG

DSC06961.JPG

DSC07250.JPG

Last edited:
I just returned from buying another NewYorker, should I continue with this thread or start another?

Back