1968 chrysler newport custom coupe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yah it is still soft too, but the weird thing is the foam on the inside has melted away or someything leaving the pad hollow, i have wondered if there is a way to refill the foam using a can of spray foam?
Hmm, that's weird. Maybe bugs or varmints ate it? No evidence of a fire under the dash, is there?
I don't know where you're at, so not sure if I could pick it up easily, and shipping would be expensive and difficult.
I guess give me an idea what you would want for it picked up, and basically where you're at, and we'll go from there.
Thanks!

Hi Tom, the car is a 383 automatic and the car is located in Greenville NC

If you want to come take it out you could have it for free since it would need work to make it usable.

If you want to come take it out you could have it for free since it would need work to make it usable.
Thanks for the generous offer, partner!:wtg: Unfortunately, I'm about 1,000 miles away from you, so it's not really feasible right now.
I see that the driver's side main window crank is missing the knob, how about the passenger side?

I will check on that, sorry i have been preparing for the car show at rockingham tomorrow, i will let you know, cheers.

I'm also interested in the emblem in the center of the grille, the small dash piece under the steering column, the trunk light assy., and the battery hold down bar. Just let me know when you get a chance. Thanks.

Last edited:
Ok i finally got my finger out and pulled a couple of bits, check the picture below, the dash column cover is good with no cracks or missing bits at all, the trunk light unit is pretty good too. The grille emblem is toast though but the alloy housing is in good driver condition, I dont have any good window cranks but these are the same for practically every B-body and E-body car out there. There is no battery hold down for the car but if its the same as a 1968 dodge charger you can get these new on ebay. c-body bits.jpg

c-body bits.jpg

Oops, i forgot to say what i wanted for the two parts, say ten bucks plus freight should do it, if you let me have your zip code i will get a shipping quote, cheers.

Great, I'll take 'em! That dash piece will finish out my interior nicely. I'll send you a pm with the details. Thanks!

Got a couple more bits I could use if ya got 'em. The rear view mirror assy. (if it's in decent shape), and the washer jug (if the mounting ears aren't broken off). Thanks again!

Last edited:
wollfen, new member and i would be interested as i also have 68 newport,whats left?

Got a couple more bits I could use if ya got 'em. The rear view mirror assy. (if it's in decent shape), and the washer jug (if the mounting ears aren't broken off). Thanks again!
Ill check these bits out today for you and get back to you this evening mate, cheers,
Gary

Hey Rich, i have the pics of the rear view mirror below, the blemish on the glass is from my thumb, its actually perfectly clear, the washer bottle is toast , got holes in the top from falling apart. Ten dollars plus freight for her, is there any other parts you may be interested in? it would be cheaper to put a few things together in one package to save on freight costs.rear view mirrror.jpgrear view mirrror1.jpg

rear view mirrror.jpg

rear view mirrror1.jpg

Looks pretty nice! Are the stalk ball sockets fairly tight on both ends? (Mine flops all around, and I can't seem to get it to tighten up much.)

Yeah, I thought about the freight thing after I received your other shipment, which arrived yesterday. I can't think of anything else I need right now, but I'm not making any promises on that. LOL!

PM me the total with freight, and I'll get it out to ya. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back