For Sale 1968 Dodge Charger Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by bluefury361 , doesn't get much road time .... pity.

So why not, Will.......?

It's not mine. I get on my brother quite often about not driving it. He loads it on a trailer even for local shows, when he goes.
The engine is a 66 block and has too much cam for street use. He is considering changing that this winter so he can drive and enjoy it more. I'm trying to convince him to bring it to Carlisle.

"4 projects in the garage" for me to buy, it would have to come with the garage. And... right after I (hopefully)
find my Formal, I promised a new kitchen about 5 years ago. It would be wildly unpopular around here if the kitchen budget became a Charger... I'm already a little worried she will poison my food or stab me in my sleep if I delay the kitchen much longer.

If not for the critical comfort of life around here I am very tempted. Sweet car, always loved those... probably due to DOH 1968 and 1970 are much more appealing to me than 69. I think your price is fair for a solid car... damn flippers try to get that for cars that only have a vin# left. Good luck with your sale.
Yes I have been watching successful sales on ebay a bit and note that 318 cars with mildly rusty body and needing everything else done go for about $12K

Can is to big for street bad idle, low vacuum, needs to idle at 1000 rpm ect. To make it more drivable the converter needs to be smaller dia. with a higher than stock stall speed probably somewhere in the high 2000-3000 rpm range basing off stock Hemi converter is in the 2200;2400 range. Smaller dia converter will be less efficient at low rpm and not drag on the engine as hard at idle so you do not have to keep putting it in neutral at red lights, I would also guess if it is really big the power piston springs in the rear carb need to be lighter pressure to deal with the low vacuum or they will stay up or bounce causing a very rich idle that you can not adjust out with mixture screws making for a miserable running engine. I had to do this on my brother-in-law's Challenger with a 509,MP cam best I can get is 7.5-8" vacuum no amount of spring clipping and throttle plate drilling would let me get the idle circuit under control I put the 4" hg springs in and idle circuit came under control.
This is regarding Will's brothers Charger.

Okay I pulled my finger out and got a bunch of work done on this car, here are a couple of pics as well as the CL address for anyone interested, I dropped the price for a quick sale. Check it out.
1968 Dodge Charger project

charger.jpg

charge3r.jpg

charger2.jpg

front.jpg

Okay I pulled my finger out and got a bunch of work done on this car, here are a couple of pics as well as the CL address for anyone interested, I dropped the price for a quick sale. Check it out.
1968 Dodge Charger project

She is going to make a sweet ride for somebody and I think that is very cheap for what you're offering.

cant see that sittin to long..someone will snap it up...the sacrafices we make for these GTs can be tough ones...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back