1968 Dodge Polara 2 Door Rat Rod Project

I'm changing my Mantra to: "It's your car".
My believing there is a right and wrong in 2014 is totally outdated and no longer valid.

Welcome, Pana.Mopar.... nice car.

Well, I kind of agree with Adam Carolla that our society is doomed because we refuse to judge anymore but in this arena I don't think there's right and wrong. I'd rather see the as a Polara rat rod than as a demolition derby car.

First thing I'd do is get that 383 back in there and use the 318 for a door stop, of course if that were my car. At least its not going to the derbies, right?

Now someone explain to me how leaving the paint and body the way it is, adding some lace, and black steel wheels is destroying this car? Isn't there a certain blue car around here with mexican blankets covering the front seat?

It's turquoise and I imagine it was the resto-mod comment that did it emoticonbigsmile.gif

but that just and observation

emoticonbigsmile.gif

Thanks for the feedback guys. The intention eventually with the car is to do another resto on it later down the track. I've also got a big block powered Plymouth Duster as well and can't take that on long trips or cruisers with the 4.10 gears. The Polara is going to be a fun cruiser for the next few years (as I have to do house renovations first and build new 12 metre x 6 metre garage in the next few months) and the long term plan is that it will get a 496 cube stroker, 727 and will get a full resto... I won't be killing the Polara. I love it! I just want to actually enjoy it for now rather than having it sit there cause I don't have the funds to do what I want.. I still have the original 383 bottom end so eventually it will be going back in..

I won't be killing the Polara. I love it! I just want to actually enjoy it for now rather than having it sit there cause I don't have the funds to do what I want.. I still have the original 383 bottom end so eventually it will be going back in..

thumbs_up_smiley.gif

These cars aren't worth restoring, so I vote doing what ever you want to. That's the sad reality of C body cars. As beautiful and fun to drive as they are, they're just too cheap to not have fun with. Throw as little or as much money as you want at them and enjoy them. Now before someone says one of one this, promotion car that, rare convertible over here, etc. those cars are few and far between. Most C bodies are cheap to buy and even cheaper to sell. LOL

I am with you all the way, except I think you should go with a 434 stroker kit from 440source.com for that 383 (numbers matching stroker, anyone?), and throw a manual trans behind it. 3 speed 5 speed 6 speed doesn't matter to me but I think a manual is always more fun, and fun is what a rat rod is all about, right? Oh, and junkyard tires for constant, wallet friendly burnouts and donuts. With video, of course

Back