1968 Fury wagon rear side glass seals

Helomech1969

Reaction score
New member here, old A body guy. I have a wagon that I am cleaning up and getting it back on the road. I have a 1968 Plymouth Sport Suburban 6 passenger wagon. I am looking for replacement seals for the LH and RH rear quarter widows. Any suggestions on other usable weather stripping or seal stock? I cannot find many parts for C body wagons. I appreciate any help or guidance.

Many of us 65-68 wagon owners are wishing those seals were available.

Unobtanium unfortunately.

There is talk that Steele Rubber or one of the other manufacturers could reproduce them if they were given a decent set as a pattern.

I was afraid of that. I have the old seal in about 5 pieces. I will contact them and maybe give them the sample with a paper template. Thank you for your input1

I too would like to put new seals on my wagon. If you find out that they will make a set, please let us know.

Okay Forum, I contacted Steele Industries today and I'm waiting for the proper individual to get back with me. I told him I have a sample of these seals and could make a paper or cardoard template to send him and that there were about 5 people who were interested in a set of seals. we'll see how this turns out.

Heres an update. 2 restoration companies would be willing to reproduce this seal provided i ordered 5000. So I have been looking and ordering samples of glass setting rubber that is close. Nothing close enough. There is one company that is wholesale that has a potential rubber that may do the trick. I have to go through their supplier and buy 50 feet of it. I will order that next week. They will not provide me with a sample. Bummer. Will update how it works.

I have ordered a 50' section of a weatherstrip that is about as close to dimensions as I could find. I will start the process to 'make it work' soon. I will document as much as I can once I start this process. This will be trial and error no doubt.

Okay Forum, I contacted Steele Industries today and I'm waiting for the proper individual to get back with me. I told him I have a sample of these seals and could make a paper or cardoard template to send him and that there were about 5 people who were interested in a set of seals. we'll see how this turns out.
count me in

My apologies for my delay in answering this forum. I sold the car back in January and I did in fact replace the seals. But they were not of anything identical as nobody was willing to produce them without buying at least 5000 units. I did get something that was suitable with the assistance of using some butyl material to assist in Sealing. Once I get back to the house this weekend, I will locate the part number and the source of which I purchased the material. And then once I get that information I will briefly explain the type of butyl material that I used in how I went about it. I unfortunately did not get any pictures but perhaps with the information I will present, someone can come up with a better alternative.

Back