For Sale 1968 Imperial Mobile director (not mine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, can you post some close-ups and what’s the build date?
The build date is 11/1967

IMG_4341 (Large).JPG

That appears to be a later ornament.

If this is accurate I’d say it looks like yours. At this point I’m inclined to say that there wasn’t one ‘68 that left the factory with a hood ornament.
044F8F20-201B-4F0A-A0C3-18B5E9CDB08C.jpeg

It looks like mine, but the ring is plain.....
original or not......I think it looks good....:)
Agreed, maybe a little more googling is needed.
I was focusing more on the base.

I’m going with mid ‘60s now.:)

I see it now. Also can see that the black box is a aftermarket door speaker as seen on the passenger door.

Eh... not so fast. The '68 Imps were the first Mopars to use door speakers as part of the hi-zoot radio package. They were cheesy boxes, (as were the very rare 8-tracks).

I’ve never heard of this, thanks Carmine!

1968 Service Manual for this system for sale:1968 CHRYSLER IMPERIAL LEBARON CROWN CONVERTIBLE HARDTOP 8-TRACK SERVICE MANUAL | eBay

Description: Original Howard W. Sams & Co. INC. Photofact Auto Radio Series service manual pages for the 1968 Chrysler Imperial models: Crown and Lebaron. Includes convertible, 4 door sedan, 2 door hardtop, and 4 door hardtop. This manual is for the 8-track tape player unit Motorola / Mopar model number 391. It has 10 pages and is dated 4/1968. Pages are loose. Includes operating instructions and adjustments, wiring diagrams, circuit-trace photos, parts list and descriptions. The model number of your player is located on the unit. Very good condition.

Due to the original last page being two-sided and starting with a new radio model, the last page is a professional copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back