For Sale 1968 New Yorker

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllsWell

Reaction score
Contact seller
I'm considering selling my 1968 New Yorker lowrider. Its an absolutely rust-free, western car with exceptional chrome and trim, and just the right amount of patina in the paint. 440, A/C, on a two tank hydraulic system. Extremely well maintained, very striking and not-so-slightly painful to list for sale. It is just plain cool. I'll post more photos when I get a chance. $15k-ish. If anyone has any questions, etc.. please let me know.
IMG_0207.JPG
Thanks

The previous owner of your 68 NY is a member here and from what I remember he let it go for less than $10k a year ago. I like the car but it's a bit weird seeing you selling it here for $15k

Agreed and I do hope that whatever its future we continue to see it on this site.

I'm sorry you feel that my asking price is weird. What would be weirder to me is if I were to ask less for the car than it is worth to me. When anyone takes ownership of an object -- be it a car, a vintage stereo, a piece of antique furniture -- it then becomes their right to value it according to how much it is worth to them. As I've done in this instance. If they then present it to the marketplace and the market rejects this valuation (i.e. it doesn't sell for that asking price) then the process of coming to a "value at large" commences. When eventually the seller and a buyer in the market agree upon a sale price, the current value is established. Might be higher, might be lower than previous exchanges for this item, but you never really know until the transaction occurs. If I'm out of line then I'll be holding onto the NYer for a while. We'll have to wait and see what happens. Thanks for your comment.

Well said, best of luck finding a new home for that beauty.

The previous owner of your 68 NY is a member here and from what I remember he let it go for less than $10k a year ago. I like the car but it's a bit weird seeing you selling it here for $15k
Very diplomatic. I probably would have said it more crudely.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back