1968 Newport quarter panels

Ok, after winter storage, slightly delayed, the work on my Chrysler continues. One divorce later (my bodyshop guy) he promised to have it finished by next week. (who believes in miracles...) The video shows the rolling (inverse bend) of the complete quarter panels. Those things are 8ft long, massive!! Next steps will be shaping edges and corners, wheelhouse, cutting out the old quarter panels, repairing the inner wheel house, and welding in the quarter panels.

Darn, I just saw this today. I would have been happy to cut the full quarters off a 68' 300 I have(four door hardtop, but it would have worked) no rust ever. need anything else, let me know.

Ok, after winter storage, slightly delayed, the work on my Chrysler continues. One divorce later (my bodyshop guy) he promised to have it finished by next week. (who believes in miracles...) The video shows the rolling (inverse bend) of the complete quarter panels. Those things are 8ft long, massive!! Next steps will be shaping edges and corners, wheelhouse, cutting out the old quarter panels, repairing the inner wheel house, and welding in the quarter panels.

Easily the coolest thing I've seen on the internet today.

When fabricating sheetmetal for my 68 Newport,I used anything at my peril..bead roller,old tailpipes,next door neighbors fence just to name a few..

Darn, I just saw this today. I would have been happy to cut the full quarters off a 68' 300 I have(four door hardtop, but it would have worked) no rust ever. need anything else, let me know.
Thanks for the offer!! The problem is, i am located in Montreal, Canada, and transport costs a mint. As of now, the whole operation ( fabricating 2 complete quarterpanels, inner wheelhouse, installing, painting) will cost me about 2000 us. Transport only with all side costs would most likeley be 1500 us, then i still need to pay you, have installation and painting. For me, this was the easiest solution. But maybe someone in this forum has a need of your parts and is closer to you?

Shaping of one side, hope fully tomorrow the second side will be started. enjoy

PART_1525140605082_photo0.jpg[1]-page-001.jpg

PART_1525140606574_photo0.jpg[1]-page-001.jpg

PART_1525140615964_photo0.jpg[1]-page-001.jpg

PART_1525140855610_photo0.jpg[1]-page-001.jpg

Back