For Sale 1968 Plymouth Fury III Hardtop SLANT 6 AC For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallzag

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Selling a 1968 Plymouth Fury III hardtop with a factory AC and slant 6 engine. Bought this from the original owner and boy did he order a weirdo car. This is the first slant 6 I've ever seen in a Fury III and was ordered this way. Car is honestly pretty beat up but started right up after sitting for the last 10 years or so. Not even sure why I bought this one in the first place. Maybe somebody wants to save this very odd bit of Plymouth history? Asking $1k and it's in Olympia, Washington. Feel free to ask questions.

IMG_8152.JPG

IMG_8154.JPG

IMG_8156.JPG

IMG_8157.JPG

IMG_8158.JPG

IMG_8160.JPG

Let me guess, he used it to pull a 20' motor home with the class 3 hitch. Price is right in any case.

Dave

Last edited:
I think it is pretty cool because it is such an odd ball but its on the wrong side of the country and I have sworn off total restorations. Good luck. I bet it sells fairly quickly.

Somewhat drooling over a Slant/6 Cbody. Oh my..
I really like that 61 Chrysler in the background as well.

Question about the Fury, What size tires do you have on the car?

Not sure on tire size, I'll go check. It came with G78-14's originally with 5.5 wheels which may or may not stay with the car depending on price. Bought this thinking worst case I'd use it as a parts car for my 68 SF but think it's too nice to part.

Not sure on tire size, I'll go check. It came with G78-14's originally with 5.5 wheels which may or may not stay with the car depending on price. Bought this thinking worst case I'd use it as a parts car for my 68 SF but think it's too nice to part.
Oh yes, too nice and probably rare to part out. Fix her enough to keep on the road and restore as you go along or just drive and enjoy as is!!

Oh yes, too nice and probably rare to part out. Fix her enough to keep on the road and restore as you go along or just drive and enjoy as is!!
Survivor. How rare do we think this car is, color, A/C, Fury 111. Would have to be 1 of no more than a couple hundred. 70 Hemi Cuda's are 1 of 666 right off the bat, this car has to be below that number.

In '67 Plymouth did some sort of Spring Special with Fury III's downgrading the engine to the slant six but adding a vinyl top and even rocker moldings on a few that I have seen.

Please post a close up pic of that hood medallion on the front, doubt we'll ever see another. Does it have a "6" on it?

I sure Im not the only one out there. you just can't go wrong with the nice lines of any C Bodie.I am partial Ive owed many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back