resizer

resizer

resizer

resizer

resizer

resizer

resizer

Suicide doors, very rare.

I saw that too, Matt. but in this pic it looks like they open like normal...look at the rearward door frame, I dont see hinges back there and it looks like the door is at the front of the frame.

resizer.jpg

Wanted to give it a Lincoln Continental Appeal I'd say, after all they both have Elwood Engel Styling cues.

I saw that too, Matt. but in this pic it looks like they open like normal...look at the rearward door frame, I dont see hinges back there and it looks like the door is at the front of the frame.

View attachment 108411
There is no reason you couldn't get the factory inside door release to work, hinges can easily be concealed like factory.

Alan

Those doors are the same as on my 68 Plymouth Fury 4 door hardtop. Not suicide doors. You can see the base of the post in the picture behind the front passenger seat. The rest of the post is hidden by the seat. You can see it better in this picture of my car.

It does seem like it should be worth something as a parts car. I see some good trim, glass, etc.

LTD4FF-h3uN25tHPtmw69Gnp02MZTTTu4D7C6ycRqsOqPLuHGGn4lCsffidnASfzDW1EggntbX9h=w2400-h1350-no.jpg

Matt was joking about the rare option, somebody converted this car to suicide doors, it isn't hard to do and they make kit for just about everything. If done right there is no reason to modify anything on the interior. Suicide doors are simply doors that hinge at the rear, in most cases they still have the b-post.

Correctly done the conversion is all hidden.

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back