1968 Plymouth Fury VIP

Greg Mahley

Reaction score
Hello, I just added a 1968 Plymouth Fury VIP to my collection. I love it. It is a all original unrestored survivor. I am looking for the "V I P " block letters on the decklid if anyone has any leads for me I would greatly appreciate it.

20180303_140419.jpg

That is super sharp, really like the color combination...more pictures necessary

To fit the VIP image, you badly need to put some whitewalls on that beauty. I don't like fenderskirts generally on any car, but on that one it looks like you have to keep them. And there just has to be some better wheel cover available for that model. Nice score. Really nice! How many miles on it?

Fantastic find ,congrats!!!:thumbsup:

To fit the VIP image, you badly need to put some whitewalls on that beauty. I don't like fenderskirts generally on any car, but on that one it looks like you have to keep them. And there just has to be some better wheel cover available for that model. Nice score. Really nice! How many miles on it?
It has 93,500 miles on it. I'm thinking of keeping the white letter tires and adding a set of Mopar road wheels (Magnum 500's)

Is that the VIP that a classic car dealer in NJ has been trying to sell for a while? If so, I REALLY wanted that car but didn't have the money so if it is the same car, I am VERY jealous.

It looks like the trunk finish panel is from a Fury III in which case you will need the entire finish panel as it is different and the Fury III emblem has different holes than the VIP letters.

Please post a close up photo of the trunk finish (trim) panel. I can probably help you but you have to agree to give me the first chance to buy it if you ever sell it.

Bill

That is a beauty! Congrats on your find. FuryGT is correct about the finish panel being different for a Fury III or VIP. I love the color combo & the brushed trim along the lower flanks is very classy. I am also partial to fender skirts. I am sure you are going to love driving it. I have been into Furys most of my life and the VIPs were always a rare sight.

Is that the VIP that a classic car dealer in NJ has been trying to sell for a while? If so, I REALLY wanted that car but didn't have the money so if it is the same car, I am VERY jealous.

It looks like the trunk finish panel is from a Fury III in which case you will need the entire finish panel as it is different and the Fury III emblem has different holes than the VIP letters.

Please post a close up photo of the trunk finish (trim) panel. I can probably help you but you have to agree to give me the first chance to buy it if you ever sell it.

Bill
Thanks Bill. I doubt I'll be selling it. I found a VIP finish panel but I have to still find the "VIP" block letters. I found the car on line in doing a search, I think it was on for a while.

Wow you must feel like the happiest man on the planet just now .....love it!

What a beauty!:wideyed:

Back